EGYPT orders all PIGS be put to the SWORD

Started by Syt, April 30, 2009, 11:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Much as I love pigs and their related meat products I think this is possibly a very good idea.

But then I've spent the past few days panicking about the oncoming pandemic.
Let's bomb Russia!

saskganesh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2009, 04:32:17 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 30, 2009, 03:36:58 PM
well, when England had the BSE epidemic they slaughtered 4.4 million cattle. just some perspective.
But cattle actually carried the disease.
certainly not 4.4 million of them.

the authorities were freaking out like mad mullahs. these were the same people who thought feeding chicken shit and cow meat to bovines was a good idea.
humans were created in their own image

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2009, 04:47:41 PM
Much as I love pigs and their related meat products I think this is possibly a very good idea.

You should panic. I've been suggesting that all my clients invest in canned goods and shotguns.
PDH!

HVC

If it makes you feel any better you're more likely to die from regular flu :console:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 04:56:15 PM

If it makes you feel any better you're more likely to die from regular flu :console:
Or climate change.
PDH!

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 30, 2009, 11:42:28 AM
They don't have a lot of Pigs.

We should really start referring to this flu has the Mexican flu.

So we can start killing all the Mexicans? <_<
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

It's more difficult to panic about normal flu :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2009, 05:06:37 PM

It's more difficult to panic about normal flu :mellow:
Normal flu is actually various strains of flu, some more serious then others. Look up some deadly strains and worry about them :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 05:08:21 PMNormal flu is actually various strains of flu, some more serious then others. Look up some deadly strains and worry about them :P
Your attempt to get between me and my cupboard of corned beef with 'rationality' and 'science' isn't appreciated <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2009, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 05:08:21 PMNormal flu is actually various strains of flu, some more serious then others. Look up some deadly strains and worry about them :P
Your attempt to get between me and my cupboard of corned beef with 'rationality' and 'science' isn't appreciated <_<
Lol. If you're going preserved meat go SPAM; much better.

saskganesh

shelf, you should cook that corned beef before you eat it in order to kill the listeria bacteria.

and the cans are likely coated with bisphenol-a which is toxic and linked to cancer. :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: saskganesh on April 30, 2009, 05:22:03 PM
shelf, you should cook that corned beef before you eat it in order to kill the listeria bacteria.

and the cans are likely coated with bisphenol-a which is toxic and linked to cancer. :P
And corned beef caused the last outbreak of cholera in the UK.

I don't generally panic about healthcare issues.  I only really panic about ones in the news :)

Edit:  In fact I'm highly blase about health stuff.  I don't believe in 'low-fat' or 'low-sugar' stuff so I'm a big consumer of cream, full fat milk, butter and so on :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 05:17:46 PM

Lol. If you're going preserved meat go SPAM; much better.

Speaking of Spam, I had my bi-annual Spam lunch recently.

Fried a can of spam(thin slices), toasted bread(light, not dark) and Miracle whip.

Rather tasty. Not something I'd want to eat every other day again, but tasty every so often.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

I recently had a spam too. just felt like it. it's not too bad.

saskganesh

@ sheilbh. those low fat thingees are scams. cream, butter, salt, red meat, are all awesome things.

what you want, ideally, are whole foods, as fresh and as unprocessed as possible. and eat a variety of things.