News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2012, 08:09:54 PM
Oh man, this guy just keeps delivering.  And to think, all this time, I had guessed Bachmann was the nuttiest nigger in the bunch.

He's always been crazy - we just didn't have to hear so much about him before.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2012, 09:26:27 PM
They're your people.  Don't act so surprised.  We've been telling you about this kind of shit for years now.

Don't be a tool Raz.

Martinus

I actually kinda agree with the point Jon Stewart appears to be making in that clip - at least Santorum is honest and doesnt try to obfuscate the crazy hateful ideology that the US conservatives espouse. That's kinda refreshing.

Eddie Teach

Doublespeak works both ways. It hides the candidate's true intentions from the extremes as well as the middle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Rick Santorum doesn't want you to get a college education, because they're Obama Indoctrination Camps.

QuoteRick Santorum believes Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students by encouraging higher college enrollment. The GOP hopeful sat down with Glenn Beck for a wide-ranging interview that aired Thursday, and he warned that higher education leads to secularization.

"I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely," he said. "The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country."

Oh man, this guy just keeps delivering.  And to think, all this time, I had guessed Bachmann was the nuttiest nigger in the bunch.

College education is for snobs.

Quote"President Obama wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob," Santorum said as the crowd howled with laughter and applause. "There are good, decent men and women who work hard every day and put their skills to the test that aren't taught by some liberal college professor."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/rick-santorum-obama-wants-to-send-your-kids

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 25, 2012, 03:00:20 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2012, 09:26:27 PM
They're your people.  Don't act so surprised.  We've been telling you about this kind of shit for years now.

Don't be a tool Raz.

I'll stop when you stop.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

I mean, there's a legitimate debate to be had about whether trying to get everyone to go to college is the best approach; but to cast it as being it like that? Seems toxic to me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on February 25, 2012, 03:26:58 PM
Rick Santorum doesn't want you to get a college education, because they're Obama Indoctrination Camps.

QuoteRick Santorum believes Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students by encouraging higher college enrollment. The GOP hopeful sat down with Glenn Beck for a wide-ranging interview that aired Thursday, and he warned that higher education leads to secularization.

"I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely," he said. "The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country."

College education is for snobs.

Quote"President Obama wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob," Santorum said as the crowd howled with laughter and applause. "There are good, decent men and women who work hard every day and put their skills to the test that aren't taught by some liberal college professor."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/rick-santorum-obama-wants-to-send-your-kids

So we are going all out for ignorance now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on February 25, 2012, 03:29:26 PM
So we are going all out for ignorance now?

The GOP's made Trailer Park Republicans and other mouth breathers that don't make enough money to be Republican their core constituency for years;  might as well come out and finally say it.  IN DUMBFUCKISTAN WE TRUST

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on February 25, 2012, 03:29:01 PM
I mean, there's a legitimate debate to be had about whether trying to get everyone to go to college is the best approach; but to cast it as being it like that? Seems toxic to me.

There seems to be a distrust in the conservative camp of people who deal in information.  Educators, Journalists, Scientists, etc.  I think it's because they are afraid of any information that might be detrimental to their cause.  They can't totally control these sources of information, but they can inoculate their constituency against it and offer "conservative" alternatives to it.  The media is to liberal, so we get Fox News.  Wikipedia has systematic bias, so we have conservapedia, schools teach things that don't mesh well with talk radio, so we home school our kids (unless they  can get control of school boards).  This allows a conservative politician to stand up and say "everyone is a liar but me.  Don't listen to anyone but me and the approved sources of information".  It's a clever system of self-censorship.

garbon

I'm not sure that's it. I think there is also the though that many universities are breeding grounds for liberal politics. There certainly was a large element of disdain for America advocated by professors in the Bay Area.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 25, 2012, 04:00:02 PM
I'm not sure that's it. I think there is also the though that many universities are breeding grounds for liberal politics. There certainly was a large element of disdain for America advocated by professors in the Bay Area.

Political agenda or not, you're going to have a lot of tension and divergence anywhere young people get away from home for the first time and exposed to new ideas, concepts (like science) and even cultures.*

Kids have been using university to discover their own way since before the days of Socrates. 

*As well as binge-drinking, date-raping, and first-time homo sex.

Caliga

I went to college and I came out a Demoncrat too. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

I took absolutely no interest, what so ever, in college politics; I assumed I'd moved away to engage in adult activities rather than Juvenilia.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"