And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2012, 01:33:37 PM
I don't think Obama is losing to any of these clowns.

But if he did...that would be a pretty huge upset. I am a little afraid of what it would mean for the USA. The nutbars would be validated, and the GOP would be firmly ensconced as the party of the religious right.

Let the noodle heads blame rising energy costs on the President--like he has any control over a fungible commodity traded worldwide on a single currency subject to speculation in the first place--and seen what happens.

Grey Fox

What I don't understand is how Santorum has more chance of beating Obama then Newt.

The dude is right out of the 40's.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

But if he did...that would be a pretty huge upset. I am a little afraid of what it would mean for the USA. The nutbars would be validated, and the GOP would be firmly ensconced as the party of the religious right.
It was a process that began over twenty years ago and seems to be unstoppable barring a Ron Paul landslide.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 23, 2012, 02:07:52 PM
What I don't understand is how Santorum has more chance of beating Obama then Newt.

The dude is right out of the 40's.

1 People already know Newt, Santorum will have "undecideds" who would never vote for him in a million years.
2 Santorum's not a pompous know-it-all.
3 Newt gets points off from lots of people for decisions made in his personal life.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 23, 2012, 02:04:49 PM

Let the noodle heads blame rising energy costs on the President--like he has any control over a fungible commodity traded worldwide on a single currency subject to speculation in the first place--and seen what happens.

He vetoed Keystone XL. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2012, 09:14:33 AM
Quote from: Neil on February 22, 2012, 10:23:42 PM
Didn't we already lose the War on Terror?

Yes, you did.  Your surrender was completed in July of 2011.
Actually, I think Canada might have won the War on Terror.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on February 23, 2012, 02:16:28 PM

That was probably a mistake, but I doubt it has any bearing on the current spikes in fuel prices.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 23, 2012, 02:31:37 PM
That was probably a mistake, but I doubt it has any bearing on the current spikes in fuel prices.
He's not bombing Israel.

Eddie Teach

Ok, Taft did get beat by the third party candidate, but it was one coming from his own party.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 23, 2012, 02:04:49 PM

And rightfully so.

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on February 23, 2012, 02:59:02 PM
If you want to tell anything to President Taft you best get a shovel.

Or a ouija board!
and the horse you rode in on