So what are you giving people for Christmas?

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 14, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2011, 02:05:42 PM
The size thing is obvious, but even straight guys can have a sense of style and what they would like if they pay enough attention. You might have ideas she hadn't considered too. People can get stuck in a rut when it comes to stuff like this.

I do have a sense of style but I also have a sense of laziness and cheapness which usually prevents me from actually being stylish.  But for whatever reason I do a pretty decent job picking out stuff for her.

Nose goblins don't count.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on December 15, 2011, 03:46:46 PM
I bought my dad a popcorn machine.

That is rad. Does he have a home theater set up?
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on December 15, 2011, 04:03:06 PM

No.  He doesn't even have one of those flat screens.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 15, 2011, 04:32:29 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 15, 2011, 04:03:06 PM

No.  He doesn't even have one of those flat screens.

Does he have a 16mm film projector ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Nah, just an old TV.  Well it's 10 years old.  Hell, he still has a VCR.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2011, 12:52:14 PM
How many of you guys are not afraid to buy clothes for your wife/girlfriend? I used to be. Still wouldn't buy some things. Like jeans, for example. Too hard to get right without trying them on. How many of you actually know their dress size off the top of your head?   :P

Size is not the issue.  A girlfriend picky enough to nix the entire inventories of five or six clothing stores in an afternoon makes me a little reluctant to, though. :P

And the melodica's sort of an in-joke.
Experience bij!

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 15, 2011, 05:21:46 PM
Nah, just an old TV.  Well it's 10 years old. Hell, he still has a VCR.

I saw one of those in a thrift shop today, it seemed rather quaint.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Yeah, it is quaint.

My dad loves popcorn, but the pot he uses to cook it in recently wore out and he hasn't gotten a replacement so he's been using a kettle and sometimes buying that microwavable popcorn.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I got him this thingy.  It looked neat.

fhdz

Ideologue

I hate popcorn.  How much does a peanut butter cup machine cost?  I mean, I'll take a depreciated one from the Hershey plant.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 15, 2011, 05:48:02 PM
I hate popcorn.  How much does a peanut butter cup machine cost?  I mean, I'll take a depreciated one from the Hershey plant.

A depreciated peanut butter cup machine is a lot like a color laserjet: the machine is cheap, but it's the consumables that'll get ya.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive