So what are you giving people for Christmas?

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 14, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 01:10:17 PM
:lol:

:thumbsup:
I've debated doing that as a joke for Princesca, but she'd figure it out the second I walked in the room and I'd get kicked in the balls. :Embarrass:

Maybe I'll take a picture of my dick and put it in a box. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 01:11:11 PM
I just check her clothes.  I did it a couple times without it being too disastrous.  But now I just buy her shiny things.
Princesca doesn't like jewelry and hardly ever wears it, which is too bad because it means I have to put actual thought in to buying her presents. :(

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2011, 01:23:54 PM
Princesca doesn't like jewelry and hardly ever wears it, which is too bad because it means I have to put actual thought in to buying her presents. :(

:console: Hey I still have to think about what sorts of shiny things she would like :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 01:11:11 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2011, 01:04:10 PM
That's the highway to the danger zone right there, son.  "Honey, what's your dress size?"

I just check her clothes.  I did it a couple times without it being too disastrous.  But now I just buy her shiny things.

But clothes from different stores and designers fit differently.

No - buying clothes is a minefield.  If you buy her clothes that are two small, you'll make her feel fat.  If you buy clothes that are too large, she'll think you think she is fat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 01:26:27 PM
But clothes from different stores and designers fit differently.

But they tend to have a small number of stores they prefer.  My wife loves Macy's so I would buy clothes for her there.

But yeah good point about the size thing  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2011, 12:52:14 PM
How many of you guys are not afraid to buy clothes for your wife/girlfriend? I used to be. Still wouldn't buy some things. Like jeans, for example. Too hard to get right without trying them on. How many of you actually know their dress size off the top of your head?   :P

I never, and I mean never, buy her clothes. -_-

Yes. Under no circumstances do this. Shoes are fine - welcome, even - but never, ever clothes. The one possible exception is a winter coat.
and the horse you rode in on

DGuller

Yeah, gotta concur.  Even if you navigate past the size minefield, I just don't see someone who's a man being able to understand the style of attire being worn by women.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2011, 01:52:47 PM
Yeah, gotta concur.  Even if you navigate past the size minefield, I just don't see someone who's a man being able to understand the style of attire being worn by women.
There's that, too.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2011, 06:51:44 PM
My heart

I'd prefer diamonds. Both are shriveled, lifeless and hard as stone, but diamonds I could sell on.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2011, 12:52:14 PM
How many of you guys are not afraid to buy clothes for your wife/girlfriend? I used to be. Still wouldn't buy some things. Like jeans, for example. Too hard to get right without trying them on. How many of you actually know their dress size off the top of your head?   :P

If not a 00, only potato sacks are appropriate anyway.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

The size thing is obvious, but even straight guys can have a sense of style and what they would like if they pay enough attention. You might have ideas she hadn't considered too. People can get stuck in a rut when it comes to stuff like this.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Princesca's gonna love what I ended up getting her this year (and I won't mention it in case she reads this thread).  I think it'll be as badass as my present for her last year--a car GPS, which she uses constantly and mentions whan an OSSUM gift it was all the time.

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2011, 02:05:42 PM
The size thing is obvious, but even straight guys can have a sense of style and what they would like if they pay enough attention. You might have ideas she hadn't considered too. People can get stuck in a rut when it comes to stuff like this.

I do have a sense of style but I also have a sense of laziness and cheapness which usually prevents me from actually being stylish.  But for whatever reason I do a pretty decent job picking out stuff for her.