So what are you giving people for Christmas?

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 14, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I want some ideas.

My best idea atm is to buy my wife a viking river cruise of the Danube and Rhine. I think I'll have to put that one off for another year though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 14, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

My best idea atm is to buy my wife a viking river cruise of the Danube and Rhine. I think I'll have to put that one off for another year though.

I saw those ads too. Danube might have gypsy beggars storming the boat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Everybody gets Lexi.  I got a bulk discount.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

So far :

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/ea44/  (Portal 2 Sentry Turret flashlight)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0300066635/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details  (Battle Tactics of the Western Front, by Paddy Griffith)
A webcomic book collection
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

No idea.
And the date for getting things home on time was last week.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 14, 2011, 06:33:46 PM
Everybody gets Lexi.  I got a bulk discount.

I cheat and get one big order of Thornton's chocolates, toffee etc.  That way I cover all the bases.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

We're making stuff for people this year. Canning, baked goods, paintings, etc. I got a shingle hammer and a Milwaukee sawzall as early Christmas presents/necessary items to complete the honey-do list, and aside from a good pair of Sorel inclement weather boots, I don't really have a burning desire for anything else.
and the horse you rode in on

Valdemar

Quote from: fahdiz on December 14, 2011, 11:18:48 PM
We're making stuff for people this year. Canning, baked goods, paintings, etc. I got a shingle hammer and a Milwaukee sawzall as early Christmas presents/necessary items to complete the honey-do list, and aside from a good pair of Sorel inclement weather boots, I don't really have a burning desire for anything else.

A good thing we are not on exchange present terms :D

Except when it comes to my boys I have yet to get a home made present worth the time that was put into it :D

V

Maladict

Grey Fox

Regular stuff. Gift cards, DVD sets of tv shows, toys.

I bought my nephew lego :wub:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.