So what are you giving people for Christmas?

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 14, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Well last year it was two speeding tickets and one DUI. Dont know 'bout this year...yet.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: fahdiz on December 14, 2011, 11:18:48 PM
We're making stuff for people this year. Canning, baked goods, paintings, etc. I got a shingle hammer and a Milwaukee sawzall as early Christmas presents/necessary items to complete the honey-do list, and aside from a good pair of Sorel inclement weather boots, I don't really have a burning desire for anything else.

This is cool.  I'd infinitely prefer stuff like this given to me than some thoughtless DVD I won't watch or something similar.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2011, 07:16:35 AM
Well last year it was two speeding tickets and one DUI. Dont know 'bout this year...yet.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiive miiiiisdemeanoooooooooors...
and the horse you rode in on

Valmy

A dradel.  I convert to Judaism for one day only every year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

How many of you guys are not afraid to buy clothes for your wife/girlfriend? I used to be. Still wouldn't buy some things. Like jeans, for example. Too hard to get right without trying them on. How many of you actually know their dress size off the top of your head?   :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2011, 07:16:35 AM

I get a kick out of having people denied bail right before Christmas.   :cool:

Mind you, that's probably because of how hard it is to do. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2011, 12:52:14 PM
How many of you guys are not afraid to buy clothes for your wife/girlfriend? I used to be. Still wouldn't buy some things. Like jeans, for example. Too hard to get right without trying them on. How many of you actually know their dress size off the top of your head?   :P

I never, and I mean never, buy her clothes. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I think I have that wrote down somewhere.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

That's the highway to the danger zone right there, son.  "Honey, what's your dress size?"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2011, 01:04:10 PM
That's the highway to the danger zone right there, son.  "Honey, what's your dress size?"

I just check her clothes.  I did it a couple times without it being too disastrous.  But now I just buy her shiny things.