News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Charlotte, N.C.: opinions?

Started by Capetan Mihali, December 04, 2011, 01:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on December 05, 2011, 07:53:51 PM
@DG Dude, I don't remember all the minute details... I mean this happened like ten years ago now. :huh:

To the best of my prior recollection, Marlin tipped Schrader who t-boned Earnhardt.  Given the speeds involved and tightness of the situation it'd be hard to say any one person was responsible though.
Marlin tipped Earnhardt, or rather Earnhardt ran over Marlin's nose.  Schrader wasn't involved until Earnhardt collected him on his way to the wall.

Regardless of that, Earnhardt has no one but himself to blame.  If he wasn't such a macho moron and installed his seat belts properly, and wore a HANS device instead of mocking those who did, he'd still be alive today.

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on December 05, 2011, 09:53:25 PM
Marlin tipped Earnhardt, or rather Earnhardt ran over Marlin's nose.  Schrader wasn't involved until Earnhardt collected him on his way to the wall.

Regardless of that, Earnhardt has no one but himself to blame.  If he wasn't such a macho moron and installed his seat belts properly, and wore a HANS device instead of mocking those who did, he'd still be alive today.

What is "When Actuaries Watch NASCAR", Alex?
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on December 05, 2011, 12:18:12 PM
Also people watching at NASCAR races is fun.  Imagine going into a Wat-Mart with 100,000 people in it.  :bowler:

So half the crowd is Asian or hispanic?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

I went to Charlotte once, for a database admin conference. I didn't go see much of the city; the days were taken up with conference biz and in the evenings I hung out with several of the attendees in the hotel bar.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 05, 2011, 11:18:50 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 05, 2011, 12:18:12 PM
Also people watching at NASCAR races is fun.  Imagine going into a Wat-Mart with 100,000 people in it.  :bowler:

So half the crowd is Asian or hispanic?  :huh:

Suddenly NASCAR interests me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 05, 2011, 08:05:42 PM
I wish the NFL and NBA were forced to make their own farm teams so we can get colleges back into the education business.   :menace:

NHL has junior hockey as its developmental system.  I don't think its any better than the NCAA - at least the NCAA has to pretend to educate its players.  The CHL does not. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

So what are the best shore points in this neck of the woods? 

I might get to Wilmington, N.C.  An ex-girlfriend of mine is there getting an M.F.A. in creative writing.

Is Myrtle Beach still delightfully seedy?  Another ex-girlfriend grew up there and worked at a stripper-wear clothing store there, in between psychiatric commitments.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

dps

We pretty much did Wrightsville Beach when I was a kid, but I haven't actually been there in years.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: dps on December 07, 2011, 11:02:40 PM
We pretty much did Wrightsville Beach when I was a kid, but I haven't actually been there in years.

That looks near to Topsail Beach/Surf City, where I spent some quality time a few years ago.  Mainly getting sozzled with Marines and lesbian bartenders.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 07, 2011, 10:48:49 PM
I might get to Wilmington, N.C.  An ex-girlfriend of mine is there getting an M.F.A. in creative writing.

WTF is that all about?  Why do you care what an ex-girlfriend is doing?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2011, 08:00:51 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 07, 2011, 10:48:49 PM

WTF is that all about?  Why do you care what an ex-girlfriend is doing?

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?