News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Charlotte, N.C.: opinions?

Started by Capetan Mihali, December 04, 2011, 01:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2011, 09:38:40 AM
People have told me a lot of the fun is related to the incredible noise.  Sort of like an all day Blue Angels flyover.
Yeah, and then they get teh noise canceling head phones with radios built in so they can hear the announcers.  They even sit in the damn parking lot SO THEY CAN'T SEE THE FUCKING RACE and listen.  If htere was lot's of gambling involved that would make sense.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 05, 2011, 09:26:37 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 04, 2011, 03:08:37 PM
Charlotte is the capital of NASCAR nation. :cool:
:( 

I just don't get NASCAR.  I don't deny teh skill involved in not dying out there, but it just doesn't seem fun to watch. 

I kind of liked it back when I was a kid, when they actually were racing cars that, except for some safety features, were actually stock cars.  You could hope that your dad might actually go to the dealership and buy one.  By the time I was out of high school, they weren't really stock anymore and I had lost what little interest I had in NASCAR.

DontSayBanana

Depends on the track.  Oval tracks like the superspeedway in Atlanta are perfectly deserving of the "rednecks turning left" pejorative.  I'd happily watch a race on a track that requires actual driving skills, like Watkins Glen or Sears Point, though.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2011, 09:38:40 AM
People have told me a lot of the fun is related to the incredible noise.  Sort of like an all day Blue Angels flyover.
I found the noise to be quite repulsive in person.  It's like 43 misfiring tractors right on your ear, turning the volume up to 11.  Ear plugs are mandatory unless you want to never hear those sounds again (or any other sounds).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 05, 2011, 09:26:37 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 04, 2011, 03:08:37 PM
Charlotte is the capital of NASCAR nation. :cool:
:( 

I just don't get NASCAR.  I don't deny teh skill involved in not dying out there, but it just doesn't seem fun to watch.
I can't watch it either, but if you ever catch a radio broadcast of the race they make it sound amazing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I'd like to see Darrell Waltrip thrown into the 7th level of hell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 11:44:15 AM

The 5th circle should be good seats for you, Ed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on December 05, 2011, 11:48:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2011, 11:44:15 AM

The 5th circle should be good seats for you, Ed.

:D

Caliga

It's fun to watch in person, people.  Don't knock it till you try it.  I agree it's boring on TV ... so it's kind of like baseball IMO.

I have not followed NASCAR in years really tho... not since my favorite drivers Dale Earnhardt and JD McDuffie got killed. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Caliga

Also people watching at NASCAR races is fun.  Imagine going into a Wat-Mart with 100,000 people in it.  :bowler:

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on December 05, 2011, 12:16:31 PM
It's fun to watch in person, people.  Don't knock it till you try it.  I agree it's boring on TV ... so it's kind of like baseball IMO.

I have not followed NASCAR in years really tho... not since my favorite drivers Dale Earnhardt and JD McDuffie got killed. :(
:huh: JD was killed 20 years ago.  How old are you?

Caliga

He was killed when I was a teenager... I saw him race at Pocono and Watkins Glen.  Think he got killed at the latter track.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 05, 2011, 12:18:12 PM
Also people watching at NASCAR races is fun.  Imagine going into a Wat-Mart with 100,000 people in it.  :bowler:

:lol:

:yes:

There is 1 black guy there.

Grey Fox

Death of Race drivers reminds me. Greg Moore :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.