And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 30, 2012, 09:37:23 PM
Okay. I really like this one.

http://www.basspro.com/Mossberg-500-Slugster-20-Gauge-w/24-Barrel-Deer-Shotgun/product/10217942/

Good chioce. 20 ga will do, but 12 ga would be better. Depends on the recoil you can handle.

But remember that does not come with a scope.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 30, 2012, 09:20:26 PM
How does this look? http://www.basspro.com/Mossberg-500-12-Gauge-w/28-Barrel-Shotgun/product/10217909/

Also, how does one go about having shooting practice with a shot gun?

For SG Slugs
Buy gun, right ammo, go to range, have fun.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on November 30, 2012, 09:37:36 PM
Look towards these as an example.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/706421.uts?WT.tsrc=CRR&WT.mc_id=crrdtfd

I WANT!!

Max was concerned that a 12-gauge may have more of a kick than is good for me. Thoughts?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 30, 2012, 09:43:32 PM

I WANT!!

Max was concerned that a 12-gauge may have more of a kick than is good for me. Thoughts?

Might be true. You shot a 12 ga before?

If not I would look towards 20 ga and dont rule out a scope. Look for a used one too.

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on November 30, 2012, 09:46:34 PM

I WANT!!

If not I would look towards 20 ga and dont rule out a scope. Look for a used one too.

I shot one a couple of years ago. It wasn't awful, but given my propensity for getting injured, I can see Max's concerns. I really like the Mossberg Pump you suggested. If anyone is looking for ideas on what to get me for my upcoming birthday and/or xmas... :whistle:

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 30, 2012, 09:56:17 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 30, 2012, 09:46:34 PM

I WANT!!

I shot one a couple of years ago. It wasn't awful, but given my propensity for getting injured, I can see Max's concerns. I really like the Mossberg Pump you suggested. If anyone is looking for ideas on what to get me for my upcoming birthday and/or xmas... :whistle:

That slug ammo will recoil more than standard shot ammo. A 20 ga will put them down.

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/mossberg-54145-500-bantam-combo-20-ga-22-acc-24-rifled-slug-ap-camo.html

Doesnt have to be new.

merithyn

I'm still the poors, hon. :) New or used, it'll be tough explaining the purchase for myself.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2012, 09:12:47 PM
CZ makes some damned purty looking rifles.  In a shit-ton of different calibers, no less.  I always wanted one of them in 7.62x39 just for the hell of it.

I'm normally not one for furriner firearms, by CZ does make a sweet handgun.

PDH

I still think Meri should get one of these:

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on November 30, 2012, 07:26:23 PMa range qualification test wherein you must get 11 of 20 shots on a paper target at 7 yards (anywhere on the target at all counts  :lol: )

I failed at that during my military service. When shooting the 9mm pistol I always shot in the ground. I expected the recoil and therefore moved the barrel down when I pulled the trigger.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on December 01, 2012, 10:23:05 AM
:huh:

Yeah, I know it's silly. We didn't do enough pistol shooting for me to get rid of it. Then again, I was a lousy shot with the assault rifle, too. I was decent with the machine gun, though. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2012, 08:26:40 PM
Thankfully I have access to my uncle's 'preserve' in WV where there are no such restrictions.  Just pay the $100 fee to go toward the corn they feed the deer and stay away from whatever specific deer they tell you is off-limits.  They even have tree-stands that have over time evolved into fully enclosed boxes we call "condos" :cool:
Do they have a service where they tie all four of deer's extremities to a tree for your convenience?  I would be all up for that.

11B4V

Anyhoo. Just stopped by the gunsmith that is a couple of streets away. Convenient I know :D. The progress on the rifle is proceeding well.

He is rechambering a 338-06 I built about 15 years ago to a 338 Winchester.