American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
Hot damn, the upper is finally here. 

I put an LMT rear sight ont  it & slapped a Magpul Pmag in it (the GI style mags fit a little tight).  Pretty generic M4-esque setup, but that's how I like it.  If I ever go the "tacticool"/mall ninja route, someone please shoot me.

I need to get a sling, and possibly a relatively inexpensive red dot or optical sight, but otherwise I'm done.  Hopefully i can sneak out for some range time this weekend.

Nice. Now you need to get a nice Aimpoint after your reloading set-up. :cheers:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 28, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
It's true. A vicious cycle that forces me to be armed to protect ones self from the likes of Caliga and Derspicy.

How do you know it's not the other way around :yeahright:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 10:33:34 PM
It's true. A vicious cycle that forces me to be armed to protect ones self from the likes of Caliga and Derspicy.

Because I haven't spoken of my hatred of minorities in this very forum sirrah!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 02:19:38 PM
Re: 5.56 ammo, I always said I'd avoid Russian steel-cased stuff if I ever got an AR-pattern rifle, but I'm tempted to order some Wolf 55 gr. stuff since AIM has it for close to $.20 per round.

It's low quality ammo. But, get the Boxer primed and not the Berdan primed stuff. Yes steel cases can be reloaded. Brass cases are more plyable, though.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 28, 2012, 10:35:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 10:33:34 PM

Because I haven't spoken of my hatred of minorities in this very forum sirrah!

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 02:19:38 PM
I should have some commercial 5.56 brass soon :)  And I'll eventually have some commercial 7.62x54R brass if I can bring myself to shoot that nice S&B ammo.  But with all the cheap 7.62x54R surplus ammo out there, I don't see myself reloading that any time soon.

I like the 7.62x54R. I wish Remmington would have put out a Model 700 Classic in that caliber. Loaded properly, in a modern strong action, it is right between the 308 and 30-06 in power.

On the 8x57
Most of the US made commerical 8mm ammo is so downloaded it isnt funny.  It's loaded to only 35,000 psi. Most european loadings run in the 50k to 55k psi range. Stupid American shooters cant distinguish between the 8x57J and 8x57JS.

Example remington, winchester, federal 8x57 loadings for 170 grain bullet run 2350fps-2400fps.

Euro loadings like norma for a 196-200 grain bullet run 2550fps-2600fps.

Shooting commerical US loadings and properly handloaded/commerical Euro stuff is like night and day.

CountDeMoney

I trust guys like 11Bravo, Otto and Strix with advanced weaponry, and would feel comfortable backing them up during a forced-entry breach.  Those other two...I dunno, man.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2012, 11:00:22 PM

I trust guys like 11Bravo, Otto and Strix with advanced weaponry, and would feel comfortable backing them up during a forced-entry breach.  Those other two...I dunno, man.

Well I'm afraid Otto would get drunk and shoot somebody, and Strix hates mexicans, but yeah I would trust 11Bravo, hence why i didn't mention him.

:P

katmai

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 28, 2012, 11:03:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 10:50:34 PM

Your hatred of "dangerous minorities" and Catholics is well documented.  :mad:

No shit.  If the Pope was wearing a hoodie in derspiess's neighborhood, he'd be a dead man before he hit the ground.

Razgovory

Well if the Pope was wearing a hoodie he would look like the Emperor in Star Wars.  Derspeiss might feel the need to kill him simply to bring balance to the force.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Your hatred of "dangerous minorities"

That was a Family Guy quote.  Thought it was pretty well known

Quoteand Catholics is well documented.  :mad:

:goodboy:  Pshaw.  I married a Catholic.  What more do you want?

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 11:15:31 PM

Your hatred of "dangerous minorities"

That was a Family Guy quote.  Thought it was pretty well known

Quoteand Catholics is well documented.  :mad:

:goodboy:  Pshaw.  I married a Catholic.  What more do you want?
Raid your children as Catholics :goodboy:

:P

As to family guy, never been a fan so didn't know it :blush:

11B4V

My next purchase for later this year or when the whim stikes is a S&W 632 .327 Federal.

Valdemar

Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 10:29:18 PM

Makes for a more polite society. You never know when someone's packin heat.

Or heated discussions :D ala OK Corral  :alberta:

V