American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on May 08, 2012, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 08, 2012, 10:45:45 PM
That.....how does that work? It just shoots all three at once?  Whats the point?

http://www.vincelewis.net/18shot.html

I don't see a rail or anything you could attach a pistol bayonet to.  FAIL  :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2012, 01:40:40 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 08, 2012, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 08, 2012, 10:45:45 PM
That.....how does that work? It just shoots all three at once?  Whats the point?

http://www.vincelewis.net/18shot.html

I don't see a rail or anything you could attach a pistol bayonet to.  FAIL  :rolleyes:

TACTICALOL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

I took delivery of my Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 Gauge "Breacher".

320 bucks or so. It has been named "Melissa". She has been promoted to 1st line home defense.

As for the 'why? comments:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 11, 2012, 04:16:08 PM
Needs a bayonet.  :P

Nah. The last house before my current one, the person trying to break into the front door would have been turned into hamburger in the foyer. I had an old Remington waiting on that fucker.

He ran off.  :cry:

derspiess

Lolz.  Everything needs a bayonet.  Even a bayonet needs a bayonet.

I have never owned a shotgun.  My home is defended by: a Glock 17 and 51 rounds of +P+ ammo.  In separate 17 round mags, of course, not that silly double-snail mag in the pic a few posts above.

Btw, I learned only recently that Ohio has an odd sort of ban on magazines with a capacity in excess of 30 rounds.  It's legal to own them, but you can't put bullets in them & use them.  You also can't transport any loaded magazines in your car unless you have a CCW permit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

11B4V

While I carry a Mossberg M500 as one of my patrol long guns and like the modern SG's. I prefer my side by side 12 ga 3" Mag as mainline home D.

Rather elegant, harkening back to a more civilized age. :D

I will agree an SG is superior in the HD department when neighbors are close.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ha, reminds me of a funny story when my city slicker GF moved out to my place in the country.

She got all freaked out about a bee hive that was about 20 feet up in a tree right off the back deck. I  grabbed the SG from above the firplace, loaded two low base 8-shot shells in the tubes, and blasted the bee hive. Walked back in the house, put it back above the fireplace, and continued watching TV sipping on some sun tea. The look on her face was priceless.

SG's are good for beehives too.