American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Remind me not to go anywhere near where either of those two, or people like them, live.

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2012, 04:16:49 PM
Remind me not to go anywhere near where either of those two, or people like them, live.
Well 11B lives just south of ya.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

:lol:  There are people "like them" in just about every state of the USA.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

What's the problem, cc?  You would be very, very safe if you were around them. :)

...or very, very unsafe if you anger them. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I guess it's a good thing I didn't post pics of my menacing arsenal of Mosin-Nagants.

Ed, that's your cue to post the motivation pic.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 07:05:27 PM

I guess it's a good thing I didn't post pics of my menacing arsenal of Mosin-Nagants.

Ed, that's your cue to post the motivation pic.

zzzzz. *snort*

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Camerus

Quote from: Habbaku on March 28, 2012, 05:20:47 PM

I hate to be a Canadian Mountie faggit, but my reaction on seeing those guns is also somewhere around the "wtf" end of the spectrum. 

As I've said earlier, in spite of my love for Amerikkka, the gun ownership issue is just one of those culture barriers where the twain shall never meet.    :Canuck:

Habbaku

That's fair.  I don't understand how you people drink milk from a bag, after all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on March 28, 2012, 07:47:34 PM
That's fair.  I don't understand how you people drink milk from a bag, after all.

Coming from the country that drinks wine from a box, should we really be pointing these things out?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Yes but surely they are in well marked areas so that sane people can can avoid them.

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2012, 09:51:53 PM

Yes but surely they are in well marked areas so that sane people can can avoid them.

:secret: No...we're everywhere.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

It's true. A vicious cycle that forces me to be armed to protect ones self from the likes of Caliga and Derspicy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on March 28, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
It's true. A vicious cycle that forces me to be armed to protect ones self from the likes of Caliga and Derspicy.

Makes for a more polite society. You never know when someone's packin heat.