American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: dps on April 04, 2018, 04:37:22 PM

It's not mutually exclusive that they sincerely believe what they're saying and that they're being used.

There's no question that there will be people within and without the movement that are going to try and manipulate it, but that's very different from saying that it started as a prop.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2018, 10:37:46 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Urge to buy 12,500 5.56 round barrel increasing....

Must resist urges.....

Is this a barrel containing 12,500 rounds, or a 5.56 barrel that will last 12,500 rounds?  :unsure:

12,500 rounds. Around 40 cents a round. Federal brand green tip ammo. And therefore useless at indoor ranges.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

You can get a better deal in smaller quantities.  Comes on stripper clips and in ammo cans :)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/lake-city-5-56-nato-62-grain-xm855-fmj-on-10-round-clips-in-ammo-can-of-420rds.html

Also, AIM has XM193 for 29 cents a round. Sure, it's Serb-produced, but Prvi Partizan makes good stuff.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

There is something about ammunition that just annoys me.

The idea that every time I pull the trigger I am shooting $.29 into a pile of sand is just....expensive.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Unless you're shooting steel targets.  That "ping" is well worth the price :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Republicans throw the word "manipulate" at everything the left is doing while ignoring mentioning who is doing the manipulating also being disingenuous about all the manipulating they are being subjected too by the Pro-Gun lobby.

The Kids are not being used by the left, the kids are using the left.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2018, 09:16:51 AM
Republicans throw the word "manipulate" at everything the left is doing while ignoring mentioning who is doing the manipulating also being disingenuous about all the manipulating they are being subjected too by the Pro-Gun lobby.

I'm a Republican and also an NRA member.  Am I: manipulating myself?  :P

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2018, 09:48:25 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2018, 09:16:51 AM

Ewww
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

I agree. Languish is too open about talking about private bodily functions.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2018, 03:34:02 PM
Watched some of her videos and-- man, this youtube shooter vegan chick was friggin' weird as hell.  And that was one thick accent.  How long had she been in this country?

As far as obnoxious trolls go, that was one of your finest.

merithyn

Honest question: Are you comfortable with the way that the NRA is heading/leading things?

I have a friend who was a Republican until recently - for somewhat obvious reasons - and is a lifelong member of the NRA from years back. He's said that he's really angry at the direction the NRA is going, and that he knows plenty of others who are, too. But their votes are ignored or not enough to challenge the NRA President's goals.

Just wondering what your perspective is on this, derspiess.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 05, 2018, 11:05:38 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2018, 03:34:02 PM
Watched some of her videos and-- man, this youtube shooter vegan chick was friggin' weird as hell.  And that was one thick accent.  How long had she been in this country?

As far as obnoxious trolls go, that was one of your finest.

Go on. 

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 05, 2018, 12:08:07 PM

Honest question: Are you comfortable with the way that the NRA is heading/leading things?

I have a friend who was a Republican until recently - for somewhat obvious reasons - and is a lifelong member of the NRA from years back. He's said that he's really angry at the direction the NRA is going, and that he knows plenty of others who are, too. But their votes are ignored or not enough to challenge the NRA President's goals.

Just wondering what your perspective is on this, derspiess.

Generally, yes.