Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Chicks, man. Repeal the 19th amendment!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2018, 08:21:23 PM
Remington filed for bankruptcy.

I know that the gun companies over here are not exactly saints but that is still a bummer to hear. Remington has a long tradition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Speaking of female shooters: https://nypost.com/2018/04/02/man-shot-in-head-on-facebook-live-as-friends-play-with-gun-in-car/.  This is why you shouldn't be pointing guns and firing them at people you're not willing to shoot.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Their QC has been shit for years. They deserve it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sophie Scholl

The traditional home of Remington is near where I live.  It is already in a mostly rural wasteland with crazy high meth usage.  This will be the final deathknell for Herkimer County probably.  It will be like a piece of coal country.  The signs have been there for years with Remington.  They were sold a few times and each time the home plant and qc went further down the drain.  They started moving everything down South to cut back on costs and to utilize cheaper unskilled labor.  The entire time that the new overlords were gutting the company's history, quality, and workforce they were trying to sell the narrative that everything was going to hell because of Obama and Cuomo.  The people bought it and now they're paying for it.  I'd really like to feel bad for them, but it is pretty difficult when you're faced with the idiocy of the local Right on a daily basis. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Urge to buy 12,500 5.56 round barrel increasing....

Must resist urges.....

Is this a barrel containing 12,500 rounds, or a 5.56 barrel that will last 12,500 rounds?  :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2018, 04:37:30 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2018, 03:49:16 PM
Active shooter at YouTube headquarters
Female shooter, apparently dead.

Vegan female shooter. New combo.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Poll shows that most Americans want stronger gun control. So much for our representatives following their constituents' wants/needs.

Politico Article

QuoteSupport for stricter gun control laws remains high seven weeks after the mass shooting at a high school in South Florida, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

The poll shows roughly two-thirds of voters, 66 percent, support stricter gun control laws in the U.S., while only 28 percent oppose strengthening the nation's gun laws. The remaining 6 percent of voters have no opinion.

Overall, support for stricter gun laws is greater than in 2016 and 2017 — including in the days immediately after the mass murder of 57 concertgoers in Las Vegas last October. But it is down slightly from a spike to 70 percent last month right after the shooting in Parkland, Florida.

The latest POLITICO/Morning Consult survey was conducted March 29-April 1 — after the nationwide March for Our Lives rallies, but before the most recent shooting, on Tuesday at YouTube's offices in San Bruno, California.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Do they want it enough to change their votes though? There's the rub.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 04, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
Poll shows that most Americans want stronger gun control. So much for our representatives following their constituents' wants/needs.

Politico Article

QuoteSupport for stricter gun control laws remains high seven weeks after the mass shooting at a high school in South Florida, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

The poll shows roughly two-thirds of voters, 66 percent, support stricter gun control laws in the U.S., while only 28 percent oppose strengthening the nation's gun laws. The remaining 6 percent of voters have no opinion.

Overall, support for stricter gun laws is greater than in 2016 and 2017 — including in the days immediately after the mass murder of 57 concertgoers in Las Vegas last October. But it is down slightly from a spike to 70 percent last month right after the shooting in Parkland, Florida.

The latest POLITICO/Morning Consult survey was conducted March 29-April 1 — after the nationwide March for Our Lives rallies, but before the most recent shooting, on Tuesday at YouTube's offices in San Bruno, California.

Not surprised it spiked-- the relentless news coverage, plus using the kids as unassailable political props was a pretty effective tactic.  But given a little time it'll drop back down to close to its previous level.  One reason we have a representative democracy and not a direct democracy is to buffer the whims of the populace.