American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2017, 10:00:45 PM
My kind of old school shit right here  :lol:

Indiana State Police 1988 Training with a Speedloader

Shows some interesting methods of reloading with one hand, never thought of the shoe method.  But I was always taught to draw the speedloader first, and emptying the casings into the same hand before reloading.  Never drop your casings until you've reloaded first.

Isn't the lesson to be learned there that there is a reason nobody uses revolvers anymore?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2017, 08:10:21 PM
That'll go swell with your cult compound.

I guess we can fill your spot with somebody else when the fall comes. So sad, too bad.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on December 17, 2017, 08:14:34 PM
Isn't the lesson to be learned there that there is a reason nobody uses revolvers anymore?

Yeah, why fill a minority with only 6 rounds when you can do it with 17?

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on December 17, 2017, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2017, 10:00:45 PM
My kind of old school shit right here  :lol:

Indiana State Police 1988 Training with a Speedloader

Shows some interesting methods of reloading with one hand, never thought of the shoe method.  But I was always taught to draw the speedloader first, and emptying the casings into the same hand before reloading.  Never drop your casings until you've reloaded first.

Wash your mouth out mister.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Teaching my son target shooting and gun safety.

The rifle is an old - very old - bolt-action Mossberg 22LR. My father, who is now 80, got it - used - for his 13th birthday. Shooting with iron sights only.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

So a new thing among anti-gunners is to take an AR-15 (hopefully one they own) and do an internet video of them "destroying" it.  Fine by me if you want to destroy your own property.  But in the two examples I've seen they are just cutting the barrel-- which technically (and in legal terms) means they are creating a short-barreled rifle but shortening the barrel to under 16 inches.  Unless you already have the approval and tax stamp from the ATF in hand, this is a pretty serious violation of federal law.  It's what they busted that Randy Weaver kook for.  And who knows how they are disposing of the non-destroyed firearm.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

We did some target shooting with a carbine fitted with a telescopic sight. Same distance as with the antique rifle, which has only iron sights.

Funny part was that the results were no better, despite the telescopic sight. The reason: it proved incredibly difficult to hold the damn carbine steady. Way easier to hold the rifle steady.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
We did some target shooting with a carbine fitted with a telescopic sight. Same distance as with the antique rifle, which has only iron sights.

Funny part was that the results were no better, despite the telescopic sight. The reason: it proved incredibly difficult to hold the damn carbine steady. Way easier to hold the rifle steady.

Was that because the scope made it top-heavy?  I assume you were shooting off-hand?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2018, 02:18:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2018, 01:05:04 PM

Was that because the scope made it top-heavy?  I assume you were shooting off-hand?

I'm not sure why it was so much more shaky. Perhaps the shorter barrel?

We shot as in the below picture - kneeling, with elbows resting on the bench for stability. Same as with the rifle.

We all found it really difficult to hold it steady. My son's a good shot though. Better than me!  :D

Ed Anger

Urge to buy 12,500 5.56 round barrel increasing....

Must resist urges.....

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Urge to buy 12,500 5.56 round barrel increasing....

The zombie horde won't get your spam hoard.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.