News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Great. Couldn't play Mon/Tue due to long hours, finally got on for a few hours yesterday, and today they're down? during my playtime? Fuck you very much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on January 19, 2012, 11:30:22 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 19, 2012, 11:24:59 AM
Fuckers do server maintenance right in the prime European playtime. :ultra:

Well they had to crank out an emergency patch to fix Ilum.

No they didn't. It wasn't broken.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 19, 2012, 01:43:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 19, 2012, 11:30:22 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 19, 2012, 11:24:59 AM
Fuckers do server maintenance right in the prime European playtime. :ultra:

Well they had to crank out an emergency patch to fix Ilum.

No they didn't. It wasn't broken.  :P

Well BW said that it was. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I have played my Sage to lvl 12 now - the same level I had played my Sorcerer.  I had a lot fewer of the "Oh man I dont want to pick that option" moments with my Sage.  I assume that trend would continue if I played both to 50.

Although, I wonder what playing a light side Sith Sorcerer would be like - somehow that is hard to imagine.

So I think I am going to stick with the Republic for the time being.  My hope is that more folks will want to come over to the Republic eventually.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 19, 2012, 02:59:06 PM
I have played my Sage to lvl 12 now - the same level I had played my Sorcerer.  I had a lot fewer of the "Oh man I dont want to pick that option" moments with my Sage.  I assume that trend would continue if I played both to 50.

Although, I wonder what playing a light side Sith Sorcerer would be like - somehow that is hard to imagine.

So I think I am going to stick with the Republic for the time being.  My hope is that more folks will want to come over to the Republic eventually.

My Sith Inquisitor from beta always went with the light side option - basically it involved not being needlessly cruel, or sparing people when it was in your interest to do so.  It by no stretch meant you were a nice person.

Kleves

So, this working picking up? How much is it per month; $15? How many months do you get when you buy the game itself?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on January 19, 2012, 03:33:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 19, 2012, 02:59:06 PM

My Sith Inquisitor from beta always went with the light side option - basically it involved not being needlessly cruel, or sparing people when it was in your interest to do so.  It by no stretch meant you were a nice person.

I don't agree at all with that characterization. It is like listening to a pro-life advocate describe what motivates pro-choicers!

I play my Sith Warrior as a proto-typical Sith - he is going to kill people not because he is needlessly cruel, but because in his view, they are no longer useful to him and allowing them to live after they have identified themselves as an enemy is dangerous. *He* would certainly strike back at anyone who let him live when they had power over him, so he assumes everyone else operates in the same manner. So when he gets to the end of a quest, and the option is "Let the traitor/enemy/whoever live" or "kill them", the choice is generally pretty obvious - kill them, because otherwise they may be a threat later.

It is most certainly selfish, cruel, and thoroughly evil. But it is not needless at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on January 19, 2012, 03:42:17 PM
So, this working picking up? How much is it per month; $15? How many months do you get when you buy the game itself?

Yes
Yes unless you pay for three or six month increments.
one free month.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

The space combat is on rails, though?  :(
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Kleves on January 19, 2012, 05:14:21 PM

All the combat is on rails. It's an MMO.

Barrister

Quote from: Kleves on January 19, 2012, 05:14:21 PM

Yes.

If it helps, space combat is fun for what it is.  It's a mini-game within the overall MMO.  So once in a while, for a change of pace, I go to space combat.  But it is not an integral part of the game.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on January 19, 2012, 05:25:25 PM

Yes.

If it helps, space combat is fun for what it is.  It's a mini-game within the overall MMO.  So once in a while, for a change of pace, I go to space combat.  But it is not an integral part of the game.

It's a good way to blow five minutes while you're waiting for your gear to craft.

HVC

it's also a quick leveler (at least in the early levels), and makes some cash.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

Bought myself a torture interrogation droid.  :menace:

Not sure what the use of this as a pet, though.

Barrister

Anyone who is playing on Helm of Graush:

type /cj languish to join a languish channel and see if anybody else is on.