News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2012, 10:40:00 PM
which is why my freighter has a bumper sticker with WWLCD? on it.

I bet half your cargo hold is filled with Colt 45.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Faeelin

Is anyone else a bit perplexed by crafting? I keep getting gemstones using treasure hunting, but I lack recipes that use them in artifice. But peopel are telling me you take treasure hunting with artifice to get gemstones...

HVC

Quote from: Faeelin on January 26, 2012, 09:16:16 AM
Is anyone else a bit perplexed by crafting? I keep getting gemstones using treasure hunting, but I lack recipes that use them in artifice. But peopel are telling me you take treasure hunting with artifice to get gemstones...
uou gemstones for the upgraded versions of schematics (which you get by disassembling stuff you crafted). I think higher level bought schematics also need gemstones eventually.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Faeelin

Quote from: Berkut on January 25, 2012, 04:53:23 PM
Light side does not have to be completely buddhist monk, which is how the Jedi choices seem to be - where is the Mace Windu of the lightside?

Do they? I have only done Typhon, but the dark side choices seem to be pretty much "KILL EVERYONE." Sabotage weapons, get revenge, etc.

I think the choices are there to make interesting characters; but all of your choices are on a light-side/ dark-side rubric, and that's it, which skews it. I'm not sure it's really "light side" to give weapons to refugees and not to blow up the space-orcs' base with them; so I go with what I like.

But yea, I can't decide if Bioware got lazy or just had to dumb it down for an MMO.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Does trasure hunting give you something other than gemstones?

I know as an armortech I also took underworld trading.  It gives me some metals that I need, but I can also take missions for companion gifts, and for some kind of "luxury fabrics" that must be for synthweaving, but I sure can't use them.

By the way kat, I crafted one of the items you sent me the recipe for, but forgot to stick it in the mail back to you.  For the other I need 4 mulinine, since I gave my limited supply to seedy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Shade

From what I have read you shoud also be getting things like lockboxes and stroge cantainers tha hold a wide variety of treasure....

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on January 26, 2012, 09:24:17 AM
Does trasure hunting give you something other than gemstones?

Gives you Companion gifts and lockboxes as well.

crazy canuck

The thing that perplexes me a bit is the system seems to be designed so that crafters dont really have to trade in order to craft - at least at low levels.  If the correct three crew skills are picked the one crafting skill is pretty much self sufficient.

I suppose this is an attempt to make crafted gear more valuable then the mats used to craft them but I dont know how health the game economy will be.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2012, 09:38:07 PM
So wait, going back to Kaas City then? :P

Yeah, you will see me there when I next play - which given my schedule could be in a week or two.

CountDeMoney

The story lines are hilarious.

I want Berkut to know I am now Dark Side II.  Shooting chicks does that.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Kleves on January 27, 2012, 02:51:35 PM
Are crew skills permanent?

No, you can drop them and get different ones if you want.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Kleves, just hit the small x in, iirc, the top right of the crew skill box.

Kleves

Thanks.

I am thinking of creating an Imperial on Kass City, but what's the point of playing a Sith if you can't gank Jedis?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.