News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: HVC on January 24, 2012, 11:49:16 AM
Played a bit as a jedi consular to see how it's like. The enjoyed teh "rock to teh face" attack, although i wonder why there's so much litter on the planet. but the pebbles? really, pebbles? couldn't thy come up with something better?

Yeah, Sorcerers shoot lightening. Consulars throw stones. Apparently you can find stones even on space stations, or inside ships.

No contest, really.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

Smugglers have the kick to the nutsack ability, which is quite amusing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2012, 07:14:11 AM
Isn't Gunslinger more like BH Merc?

It goes like this:

Jedi Knight - Sith Warrior
* Guardian - Juggernaut
* Sentinel - Marauder

Jedi Consular - Sith Inquisitor
* Sage - Sorcerer
* Shadow - Assassin

Smuggler - Imperial Agent
* Scoundrel - Operative
* Gunslinger - Sniper

Trooper - Bounty Hunter
* Commando - Mercenary
* Vanguard - Powertech

As far as I know all abilities of a class are mirrored for its opposite (or should be), the names and animations are different of course but the effects are the same.

Arvoreen

I like the bounty hunters rocket punch to the face attack :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2012, 12:15:33 PM
Smugglers have the kick to the nutsack ability, which is quite amusing.

Yeah, I do so love to kick someone in the balls, and then pistol whip them.  Not unlike my bail bonds days.

crazy canuck

I have flip flopped.

The Light side Republic options are like saccharin.  Too sweet and completely artificial.  Played a bit more with my Operative and that was fun but I am reading on the forums that they are second rate healers with the BH variety being the preferred tank healer and the Sorc being the uber healer.

So I think I might start a light side Sorc and see if that is more palatable.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 25, 2012, 03:13:24 PM
I have flip flopped.

The Light side Republic options are like saccharin.  Too sweet and completely artificial.  Played a bit more with my Operative and that was fun but I am reading on the forums that they are second rate healers with the BH variety being the preferred tank healer and the Sorc being the uber healer.

What are the Republic, light side options supposed to look like?

You're the good guy, and you're doing the right thing.  They are somewhat predictable, but really, how else would you do it?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2012, 03:53:56 PM
You're the good guy, and you're doing the right thing.  They are somewhat predictable, but really, how else would you do it?

I would be more creative in my dialogue options so that light side wasnt always singing Kumbayah.  Granted playing a light side Jedi is very calming but that isnt really what I am after in an MMO.

edit: I am sure there is a way to write a good guy piece of dialogue that makes people feel good about being the good guy.  Hell, Lucas did it in the original...

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 25, 2012, 04:24:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2012, 03:53:56 PM

I would be more creative in my dialogue options so that light side wasnt always singing Kumbayah.  Granted playing a light side Jedi is very calming but that isnt really what I am after in an MMO.

edit: I am sure there is a way to write a good guy piece of dialogue that makes people feel good about being the good guy.  Hell, Lucas did it in the original...

Thinking about it, it may be just a function of the Jedi storyline.  Being like a buddhist monk might be very light side, but I didn't think it was all that interesting either.  Which is why I like my trooper - I may protect the weak and innocent, but I'm also unafraid to kick ass as well.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Light side does not have to be completely buddhist monk, which is how the Jedi choices seem to be - where is the Mace Windu of the lightside?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2012, 04:46:41 PM
Which is why I like my trooper - I may protect the weak and innocent, but I'm also unafraid to kick ass as well.

Yeah, if it had that quality I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Drakken

Quote from: Berkut on January 25, 2012, 04:53:23 PM
Light side does not have to be completely buddhist monk, which is how the Jedi choices seem to be - where is the Mace Windu of the lightside?

Probably making Dark Side choices when killing Siths.

katmai

My Jedi is so damn light side it isn't even funny. But having fun with character.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 25, 2012, 03:13:24 PM
I have flip flopped.

So wait, going back to Kaas City then? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2012, 04:46:41 PMThinking about it, it may be just a function of the Jedi storyline.  Being like a buddhist monk might be very light side, but I didn't think it was all that interesting either.  Which is why I like my trooper - I may protect the weak and innocent, but I'm also unafraid to kick ass as well.

Yeah, while there's a time and place to have fun rolling a Lawful Good Paladin, so much of the Light Side is straight out of a George Lucas script:  excruciatingly goody-goody and poorly written.

With my Smuggler, I just go with what gets me paid;  which is why my freighter has a bumper sticker with WWLCD? on it.