News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Quote from: katmai on January 19, 2012, 03:45:10 PM
Yes unless you pay for three or six month increments.
Is it any cheaper to do so?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Syt

So today I've received an email from TOR saying my PayPal account couldn't be billed, so I'm without a subscription. Which is funny, because I was making payments with the same account this past week. I checked my CC details on PayPal and sub details - nope, checked out fine.

I tried to resub using PayPal - "An error has occured, please try again later."

So I try using my CC directly - "An error has occured, please try again later."

Looking at the forums it seems I'm not the only one. The general advice is to call the customer service - which I won't do, because I don't fancy making foreign calls from my cell phone. General consensus on the boards is that PayPal seems to be having issues, that CSR can't help and there's one hint from a CSR that you mght have to wait 48 hours before resubbing.  :rolleyes:

I've filed a mail with the customer service, but I don't expect any useful response.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

My God, PUGing with a bunch of Light Siders is like being trapped with Europeans playing German games all night.  What a bunch of weenies.

Syt

Of course I've received noe reply to my ticket. So I 've logged another one. :P

QuoteGood morning,

this is my second attempt to get support (last time yesterday around 10am CET). I would like to setup my subscription for TOR, but my CC and PayPal get rejected: "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. "

I know you prefer people to use the phone hotlines, but I'm in Austria, and my cell phone rates to UK are rather high. Also, I'm not ready to set up a VoIP system/subscription only to work out a way to give you my money.

I've tried subbing with both PayPal and CC (MasterCard) to no avail. Both paymrnt methods work fine this weekend on other websites.

I was very much looking forward to spend my weekend playing this game (which I enjoy very much) with my guild mates, but I guess I will have to spend my money elsewhere until there's a way for me to subscribe to the game again.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

In short: love the game - but very disappointed with the technical hoops I'm excpected to jump through to make you take my money.

Best regards

Judging by the forums, the average time to solve something over the phone is about an hour, with 45 minutes of it spent on hold. I would post on the forums, but without active subscription you can't. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, I ended up buying a game time card online. But really, this shouldn't be necessary.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 03:23:21 PM
OK, this game is pretty fun.

Based on how often I've seen you online, I could tell that's what you think... :p
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2012, 03:37:39 PM

Based on how often I've seen you online, I could tell that's what you think... :p

Hehe, I'm ready to pop lvl 20 with mah Smugglin' Scoundrel, baby.  Even though DPS at range + healing isn't my thing, it's still pretty cool.
I may roll a Trooper or Jedi Knight next, just for melee action.

Having fun with Cyber crafting, too.  Along with Scavenging and Slicing, it's quite the moneymaker.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 03:49:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2012, 03:37:39 PM

Hehe, I'm ready to pop lvl 20 with mah Smugglin' Scoundrel, baby.  Even though DPS at range + healing isn't my thing, it's still pretty cool.
I may roll a Trooper or Jedi Knight next, just for melee action.

Having fun with Cyber crafting, too.  Along with Scavenging and Slicing, it's quite the moneymaker.

My commando is all about range, but I think the other trooper AC does stuff in melee.

And while I like my trooper, the smuggler certainly has more entertaiing dialogue options. :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2012, 03:51:47 PM
And while I like my trooper, the smuggler certainly has more entertaiing dialogue options. :lol:

I am: attuned to the Dark Side.

Although Berkut will be happy;  I didn't shoot the fucking orphans.  Although I wanted to.

Berkut

Seedy, I will never forgive you for choosing Beebs over me. Never.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 23, 2012, 03:58:28 PM
Seedy, I will never forgive you for choosing Beebs over me. Never.

Sorry, bro.  Just can't play that PVE care bear stuff.  Gotta have the opportunity to ruin someone else's online experience.

And talk about disappointment:  I never, ever for once figured you'd go all fahdiz on us.  :(

Syt

For some reason there's a guy from Pennsylvania in my otherwise UK-centric guild. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould