News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 03:49:42 PM

Having fun with Cyber crafting, too.  Along with Scavenging and Slicing, it's quite the moneymaker.

Ship upgrades ftw. I made 100k credits yesterday.

It helps that I appear to have temporarily cornered the market on the lvl 4 upgrades on the server. One dude started mass-producing missile magazines and spamming them into the gtn at slightly less than they cost to get the materials. So I bought every damn thing he listed and re-listed them at double the price. Some people can't do math. Now I see the same guy listing at prices closer to mine. He learned an expensive lesson. heh
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

Yeah, you sure showed him, buying all his stuff!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 23, 2012, 03:58:28 PM
Seedy, I will never forgive you for choosing Beebs over me. Never.

Sorry, bro.  Just can't play that PVE care bear stuff.  Gotta have the opportunity to ruin someone else's online experience.

And talk about disappointment:  I never, ever for once figured you'd go all fahdiz on us.  :(

I've finally started seeing my first couple of imperials on Tatooine.  One was even lvl 50 and ganking republic players!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2012, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 23, 2012, 03:58:28 PM
Seedy, I will never forgive you for choosing Beebs over me. Never.

Sorry, bro.  Just can't play that PVE care bear stuff.  Gotta have the opportunity to ruin someone else's online experience.

And talk about disappointment:  I never, ever for once figured you'd go all fahdiz on us.  :(

One was even lvl 50 and ganking republic players!

Seedy, what is that sound coming from your bathroom?  Are you going blind?

CountDeMoney

Just tried to play a flashpoint;  good to see that how to pull mobs, sapping and tanking is totally lost on a new generation of MMORPGers.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 07:31:38 PM
Just tried to play a flashpoint;  good to see that how to pull mobs, sapping and tanking is totally lost on a new generation of MMORPGers.

But what is nice is that TOR does require all those things. Not so much for Eseles, but more and more as you level.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Shade

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 23, 2012, 07:48:15 PM
Why is that good?

Because then we go back to actually strategy in MMO and you can longer just Leroy your way through.

Kleves

So Kaas City is the server to play on?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 23, 2012, 07:48:15 PM
Why is that good?

WoW has tended to devolve into a total lack of strategy, burn everything down with AOE as fast as you can.  Not fun, IMHO.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on January 24, 2012, 01:09:02 AM
So Kaas City is the server to play on?

we are all spread out Kleves.

Seedy, CC and Beeb are on  Helm of Garush

a contingent is on another PVP server

and rest are on Kaas City.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Hehe, I'm ready to pop lvl 20 with mah Smugglin' Scoundrel, baby.  Even though DPS at range + healing isn't my thing, it's still pretty cool.

Smugglers are melee dps/healing, no? Assuming they are a mirror of IA operative. Gunslingers and snipers are ranged dps.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Solmyr on January 24, 2012, 07:09:21 AM
Hehe, I'm ready to pop lvl 20 with mah Smugglin' Scoundrel, baby.  Even though DPS at range + healing isn't my thing, it's still pretty cool.

Smugglers are melee dps/healing, no? Assuming they are a mirror of IA operative. Gunslingers and snipers are ranged dps.

Not so much melee;  lots of grenades and their better DPS stuff is range.   But I'm still figuring it out.  They have less DPS than gunslingers, but scoundrels have more lol mad healz.

HVC

Played a bit as a jedi consular to see how it's like. The enjoyed teh "rock to teh face" attack, although i wonder why there's so much litter on the planet. but the pebbles? really, pebbles? couldn't thy come up with something better?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.