News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Looks like they're pulling it down again at midnight. Why so many maintenance windows and so close together?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

It is a gigantic, brand new game. Frankly I am very surprised at how few interruptions they have had.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Finished my agent's class storyline last night (not yet at 50, but almost there). Amazing storyline altogether, the agent has like 5 different possible endings depending on your choices during the story. Definitely recommend this class for everyone interested in well-written plots. As for endgame, having done it in WoW for years I'm not really interested in it anymore. Luckily I have a ton of alts in SWTOR that I can play for their stories, so I'm set for the next year or so.

Syt

Those of you who are Lvl50 already - have any of you tried the hard mode versions of the flashpoints (or nightmare modes, even)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Kleves

Quote from: Berkut on January 30, 2012, 01:32:39 PM
It is a gigantic, brand new game.
I read an interview with one of the designers where he said that it was the biggest game ever made. When you include all the class-specific plots and dialogue, I suppose that could even be true.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Looks like they're certainly dedicated to more content in the following months:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

UI customization, more PVP warzones, Flashpoints, epic-level storylines, Guild support, a Legacy system that expands your character's powers "family-tree" style.

Berkut

I hope they ditch the mechanical separation between Republic and Empire from a character standpoint. They already allow you to create characters on both sides on the same server, so why can't we send mail to one another, for example?

What is the purpose in NOT allowing something like that? What does that add to the gameplay?

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on January 31, 2012, 06:36:23 AM
Finished my agent's class storyline last night (not yet at 50, but almost there). Amazing storyline altogether, the agent has like 5 different possible endings depending on your choices during the story. Definitely recommend this class for everyone interested in well-written plots. As for endgame, having done it in WoW for years I'm not really interested in it anymore. Luckily I have a ton of alts in SWTOR that I can play for their stories, so I'm set for the next year or so.

Yeah, this game is built for alts and if one class really grabs you then you can try some end game a bit until they put out more end game content.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2012, 12:31:28 PM
Looks like they're certainly dedicated to more content in the following months:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

UI customization, more PVP warzones, Flashpoints, epic-level storylines, Guild support, a Legacy system that expands your character's powers "family-tree" style.

Hmm. I'd like to see some work done on the game economy before getting more storylines and stuff. There is already enough story content to keep me busy for a long time, but the economy needs help asap.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Shade

I think what would be epic is if the end game is when the world became open. SO for the end you go out into the Galaxy and wage real war on the the opposite fractions. It becomes almost Eve like only less planets and it is all ground combat. And you can take control of plantes but you have to control all the zones first. Each planet that you (though more then likely be guild control) you can build buildings and get access to special gear or something... Not a truly well thought out thought more or my own personal muse but I think it would be epic.

Barrister

Quote from: Shade on February 01, 2012, 02:07:52 PM
I think what would be epic is if the end game is when the world became open. SO for the end you go out into the Galaxy and wage real war on the the opposite fractions. It becomes almost Eve like only less planets and it is all ground combat. And you can take control of plantes but you have to control all the zones first. Each planet that you (though more then likely be guild control) you can build buildings and get access to special gear or something... Not a truly well thought out thought more or my own personal muse but I think it would be epic.

The trouble with that is the crippling faction imbalance.  Empire would just own everything all the time.  What fun is that?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on February 01, 2012, 02:59:07 PM
The trouble with that is the crippling faction imbalance.  Empire would just own everything all the time.  What fun is that?

My problem right now is how they have PVP designed;  it's not level-specific. Sure, they boost your stats to level 49, but a level 17 Jedi is simply not going to have the ability to deal with a level 40 Sith, equal stats or no.  You don't get level 49 abilities, you're just stuck with what you've got.

That's why I keep seeing loss after loss in PVP;  Republic goes in with about 1/2 the team under level 25, up against 40-50 level Siths with endgame PVP gear.  With 8 v 8, that's a loss every time.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2012, 03:34:42 PM

My problem right now is how they have PVP designed;  it's not level-specific. Sure, they boost your stats to level 49, but a level 17 Jedi is simply not going to have the ability to deal with a level 40 Sith, equal stats or no.  You don't get level 49 abilities, you're just stuck with what you've got.

That's why I keep seeing loss after loss in PVP;  Republic goes in with about 1/2 the team under level 25, up against 40-50 level Siths with endgame PVP gear.  With 8 v 8, that's a loss every time.

QQ

L2PLAY.

0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2012, 03:34:42 PM

They do segregate out the lvl 50s from everyone else you know.  You aren't fighting anyone with endgame PvP gear.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.