News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on February 01, 2012, 05:05:47 PM
They do segregate out the lvl 50s from everyone else you know.  You aren't fighting anyone with endgame PvP gear.

OK, then...only 8 lvl 49 Sith Inquisitors. lol

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 01, 2012, 05:15:16 PM
This coming from the guy whose idea of "PvP" is ganking newbs with his level 70 lock...

You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna play a game - you PVP. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a PVP server? You don't like it, stay on a PVE server. I can go out there tonight with my 70 lock and make myself 15,000 PVP kills. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2012, 05:21:48 PM
This coming from the guy whose idea of "PvP" is ganking newbs with his level 70 lock...

You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna play a game - you PVP. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a PVP server? You don't like it, stay on a PVE server. I can go out there tonight with my 70 lock and make myself 15,000 PVP kills. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU?
What's my name?  Fuck you, that's my name.  You know why?  Because I rode here tonight on a Swift Spectral Tiger, and you rode here tonight on a Brown Kodo.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

What we have here is not PvP. This is playpen nerf bat contests. There are no consequences. You guys want real PvP that matters? You need full loot, unrestricted always-on combat. Preferably with permadeath to keep everyone honest.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Shade

Quote from: Barrister on February 01, 2012, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: Shade on February 01, 2012, 02:07:52 PM
I think what would be epic is if the end game is when the world became open. SO for the end you go out into the Galaxy and wage real war on the the opposite fractions. It becomes almost Eve like only less planets and it is all ground combat. And you can take control of plantes but you have to control all the zones first. Each planet that you (though more then likely be guild control) you can build buildings and get access to special gear or something... Not a truly well thought out thought more or my own personal muse but I think it would be epic.

The trouble with that is the crippling faction imbalance.  Empire would just own everything all the time.  What fun is that?

This is true I did not think of that... They could put cap limits on number of people on these worlds... Empire could still own a few more but with the right numbers it could be kinda balanced.... but hey like I said more of a personal muse...

Kleves

^_^
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Drakken

You know what it takes to play PVP? It takes brass balls to play PvP.

Syt

http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20120201

QuoteAlready the fastest growing subscription MMO ever, Star Wars: The Old Republic has sold over 2 million copies, with a thriving base of over 1.7 million active subscribers

QuotePlayer engagement for Star Wars: The Old Republic has not slowed since launch, as the community achieved the following incredible gameplay milestones in just over one month since launch:

Over 239 million in-game hours, or over 332,000 months and over 27,000 years of in-game time
    Over 20 billion NPCs killed
    Over 148 billion credits spent
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Spent a couple hours in PVP last night;  didn't see an Empire team that didn't have less than 4 Sith Inquisitors at a time all night.
Definitely one of the most overplayed characters in MMORPG history.

I'd be interested in seeing the actual server metrics from the game on side and class, actually.  I bet 45% of the total Empire population is Sith Inquisitor, with an additional 40% as Sith Warrior.

Caliga

How is PvP different from WoW in this game?  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

You guys should realy see that on stage if you haven't already.  It's a fantastic play (though the epic speech from Alec Baldwin isn't in it).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2012, 07:39:38 AM
How is PvP different from WoW in this game?  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

The three battlegrounds (one is a "game") is limited to 7 v 7 (or is it 8 v 8);  they're fun, but my problem is how they let all levels in the same bracket, and anybody under 49 has their stats and hit points adjusted to level 49.  You don't get the skills, though.

So, a team of teens-20s simply can't match up against a team of 30s and 40s.  The opposing team spots you as a lowbie, you're Force bait.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2012, 07:41:23 AM

You guys should realy see that on stage if you haven't already.  It's a fantastic play (though the epic speech from Alec Baldwin isn't in it).

I did catch "American Buffalo" in town a couple months ago; one of the better presentations at Center Stage, who has a new artsy-fartsy we-haff-to-embrace-faggitry-and-black-pipple Artistic Director, which means that now we have to get a shit ton of obscure "diversity", and not the good stuff either. 
I see one more August Wilson shit plate on the calendar, I'm swapping out my season tickets and hauling ass to the Folger in DC.