News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3

Started by Grey Fox, September 23, 2011, 06:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Bengals had 20,000 empty seats, smallest attendance for a Bengals home opener in 30 years.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2011, 09:22:41 PM
Bengals had 20,000 empty seats, smallest attendance for a Bengals home opener in 30 years.
Can you blame them?  I mean, watching the Bengals is bad enough, but when you have to watch them play the 49ers?  That's the kind of tard fight you'd have to pay me to watch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

He probably didn't even feel it, but it was refreshing to see Rapistburger put on his ass on that run to the sideline.  Colts putting up one hell of a spirited fight on defense tonight.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 25, 2011, 05:10:40 PM
Bills and Lions are 3-0   :cool:

The Lions, in particular Matt Stafford, are looking pretty good. Especially compared to just a few years ago.

I'll preemptively jump on their bandwagon. :)

Also, yay Bills, and nice effort for the Colts. Too bad the Steelers couldn't be 1-2, I was really looking forward to it. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Damn it, Kenny Britt is on Yahoo's no cut list.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2011, 09:22:41 PM

Serves that stupid fuck Mike Brown right.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 25, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
He's a quarterback.  That means that any complaining he does about calls or non-calls is automatically invalid.

Unless it's Brady, of course :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 25, 2011, 09:24:57 PM
Can you blame them?  I mean, watching the Bengals is bad enough, but when you have to watch them play the 49ers?  That's the kind of tard fight you'd have to pay me to watch.

Teams aside, it was your kind of game.  Both defenses played really well.  Ugly, boring game for your typical fan, though.

Andy Dalton came back down to earth after a good pre-season/1.5 regular season games.  He started out okay but really seemed to get rattled after a while.  Bengals will win no more games this season if they don't figure out how to convert on 3rd down.  2 for 21 in their last two games.  Ugh.

Anywho, I was able to get home in record time after the game.  Zero traffic to fight through :punk:  I imagine the Bills game will be the same.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2011, 09:06:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 25, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
He's a quarterback.  That means that any complaining he does about calls or non-calls is automatically invalid.

Unless it's Brady, of course :mellow:
I hate that guy.  He's the least valid of all.  When he calls for a flag and gets it, it makes me want to puke.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on September 25, 2011, 06:45:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2011, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2011, 03:48:40 PM
Evil loses.  :)

God saw tim posting stupid cartoons and BAM! Brady turns blind and tosses 4 INT's. God hates you Timmay. He hates you.
Brady was due to come down to earth a little after the last two games. It was inevitable, even for a great player like him. -_-
Wrong.  He melted down because his time is over.  Also, because the Patriots have the worst D in the AFC, they're going to lose a lot more in the future.

It would have been better if the Bills had just jammed the ball into the end zone and put Brady on the field to lose the game.

Ed Anger

Then we wouldn't have had those butthurt shots of Brady and Bellicheat on the sideline.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2011, 11:22:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 25, 2011, 09:24:57 PM
Teams aside, it was your kind of game.  Both defenses played really well.  Ugly, boring game for your typical fan, though.

Andy Dalton came back down to earth after a good pre-season/1.5 regular season games.  He started out okay but really seemed to get rattled after a while.  Bengals will win no more games this season if they don't figure out how to convert on 3rd down.  2 for 21 in their last two games.  Ugh.

Anywho, I was able to get home in record time after the game.  Zero traffic to fight through :punk:  I imagine the Bills game will be the same.
Yeah, a safety was scored, and that's usually the sign of a defensive struggle.  The Bengals are going to have to lean mightily on their defence, because Dalton isn't going to produce shit, especially with their best receivers out or nicked up.  As for the 49ers, they remind me of the Boller-era Ravens, only Alex Smith doesn't have anywhere near the talent or ability to execute that Boller has, and the defence isn't quite up to that level.  Still, the 49ers could actually make the playoffs, since Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona are also bad.

One wonders:  Has there ever been another division as completely worthless as the NFC West has been since Kurt Warner left Arizona?

citizen k

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2011, 04:19:09 PM
One wonders:  Has there ever been another division as completely worthless as the NFC West has been since Kurt Warner left Arizona?

I think the death knell was when Hasselbeck went to Tennessee. Now it's the division of Tavaris Jackson and Sam Bradford,  FTL.

sbr

Quote from: citizen k on September 26, 2011, 05:22:49 PM

I think the death knell was when Hasselbeck went to Tennessee. Now it's the division of Tavaris Jackson and Sam Bradford,  FTL.

Hey Kevin Kolb is going to be good. :mad:

citizen k

Quote from: sbr on September 26, 2011, 05:37:09 PM
Quote from: citizen k on September 26, 2011, 05:22:49 PM

Hey Kevin Kolb is going to be good. :mad:

He made the Seahawk defense look good yesterday.