News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Magna Mundi - The Game

Started by ubik, September 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Grallon

Somebody here once mentioned that this Ubik character had a history of 'leading' doomed projects...  Guess his Resume just got longer.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2012, 11:03:35 AM
Snowball v2?

Seems like it. OTOH, the Snowball debacle still led to Crusader Kings, while this will be completely canned?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Wow, that thread is overflowing with emo MM fanboys.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2012, 12:58:16 PM
Wow, that thread is overflowing with emo MM fanboys.

What's really bad is all this hair tearing and teeth-gnashing when if they were given what they apparently want (a broken beta), they'd probably be even more upset.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2012, 12:49:52 PM
Seems like it. OTOH, the Snowball debacle still led to Crusader Kings, while this will be completely canned?

Looks like they only kicked out UV, and it will not be called Magna Mundi (thankfully).

Faeelin

Wow, they didn't add war and diplomacy until February?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on June 05, 2012, 03:57:32 PM
Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2012, 11:41:54 AM
The fanboi tears on EUOT are delicious.

It's quite mistyfying for me to witness such a level of wailing over something as banal as a videogame. Lots of people not involved on its development really got too emotionally attached to it.
Especially one that wasn't even released.  They're that upset over a potential video game :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Ubik goes legal?

http://forum.universo-virtual.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4291

QuoteGreetings Magna Mundi fans,

I am just writing this post to let you know that Universo Virtual and myself will answer in the proper legal forum to the weird "cancellation" of the game. I'd also like to make it known the "cancellation" issue is just a detail on everything that's going to be settled there.

I am not going to allow that my name and my credibility are to be placed in jeopardy as they have been for some time now. I intend to come out of this with a big smile in my face and my name clean.

In the following days Universo Virtual legal team will make a public statement about this issue.

Thank you for your support,

Carlos Gustavo Benavente
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Maladict

Looks like Magna Mundi will be entertaining after all.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on June 20, 2012, 09:15:10 AM
Ubik goes legal?

He's been threatening legal action for months now.

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on June 20, 2012, 09:32:08 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 20, 2012, 09:15:10 AM
Ubik goes legal?

He's been threatening legal action for months now.

A. He's just one guy.  I doubt he has the resoruces or stomach for any kind of meaningful legal action.

B. I'm pretty sure the contract was very much in Paradox's favour. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2012, 09:37:47 AM
A. He's just one guy.  I doubt he has the resoruces or stomach for any kind of meaningful legal action.

B. I'm pretty sure the contract was very much in Paradox's favour.

I completely agree on both points; I'm just saying he's been muttering darkly about lawsuits for a while, probably as soon as he saw the handwriting on the wall.