News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Magna Mundi - The Game

Started by ubik, September 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Heh. Some of the posters have a good point there: they released the godawful mess of half-finished code that was SOTS2 for full price on unsuspecting victims, and now they admit MM is a pile of crap, and instead of releasing it into preorder beta or something, they want to cancel it?

Also in today's news, AGEOD and Paradox's fusion is over, they are going back to autonomous operations again, and Napoleonic Campaigns II is ditched on the Swedish developers to turn it into EU Napoleonics, as the Phils have no interest in making that game, and I guess the Swedes would not have anything else.

WTF is going on with Paradox? Good thing they showcase their talent with CK2, otherwise I would be just about giving up any hope for them.

garbon

QuoteHi MM fans.

Just to add my voice over Merse here. The game is playable for 30-40-50 years without CTDs except in multiplayer. The multiplayer part is being addressed and even today was already partly addressed.

To sum it up, the game is on a good normal release state. Considering the fact that we have one more month of development ahead, I don't see a problem with all this. There's nothing sad about Magna Mundi state of affairs.

Anyway, let me stress that I sent last week my opinion about what should be done with the game given the debt I consider we at UV and me personally have to the community. Of course, that's up to Paradox to decide what to do.

Expect at least two new "lets play" until the 15th May. Showing the game working is the best way to dismiss your doubts.

:yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

You've released shitty games before, why can't you release our equally shitty game now? :lol:

Tamas

A betatester's comment seem to indicate they have no more time between patches to test more.I guess they are in a hurry to make the deadline without game-breaking bugs.

That sounds oh so familiar from some unnamed and potentially totally unrelated places, depending on wether my NDAs have expired or not.

Tamas

That said, just how many years do you need to finish a game of which is a moderate modification of an already complete game, on the same engine?

Tamas

the drama keeps unfolding, from the same tester:

QuoteThe situation is not that simple. Paradox has right that they already extended the development time a few time. They also gave us the Divine Wind renderer for free. And there are still bugs in the game, even in SP. Not CTD bugs but bugs, and they must be fixed. So they have a point when they are impatient.
But shutting down the game would be a too drastic decision I think.

garbon

Also seems like they needed to establish some PR/confidentiality guidelines. Rather unprofessional to see all this squabbling going down on the official forum.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2012, 01:24:47 PM
Also seems like they needed to establish some PR/confidentiality guidelines. Rather unprofessional to see all this squabbling going down on the official forum.

Obviously a lot of bad blood has built up between the two teams by now. I would wager that this is why they are not that keen on savings this.

Tough to make out who is right... Sure, Pdox has released a lot of crappy 1.00s, their lows reached with the recent SOTS2 as I hear. So ending this project seems overly harsh.

On the other hand, Pdox has released a lof of crappy 1.00s, their lows reached with the recent SOTS2 as I hear. They surely don't want their logo on yet another unfinished product.

Alexandru H.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2012, 01:28:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2012, 01:24:47 PM

Obviously a lot of bad blood has built up between the two teams by now. I would wager that this is why they are not that keen on savings this.

Tough to make out who is right... Sure, Pdox has released a lot of crappy 1.00s, their lows reached with the recent SOTS2 as I hear. So ending this project seems overly harsh.

On the other hand, Pdox has released a lof of crappy 1.00s, their lows reached with the recent SOTS2 as I hear. They surely don't want their logo on yet another unfinished product.

I wonder if the p'dox rep will get reprimanded. Even when things get heated, it isn't good for a company (and its developers) to slug it out in public. ;)

garbon

I like how this bit was brought up:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?588200-Going-Gold-in-24-hours!

and I liked this quote in that foolish post.

QuoteSo, how cool - which curiously rhymes with fool! – is that the fans of the game are being warned by the lead developer the game is not polished, while the fo... cool guy still hopes many preorders are going to happen?

:D

Maladict

The fanboi tears on EUOT are delicious.

garbon

Well it had been slated to revolutionize gaming.

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2012, 11:41:54 AM
The fanboi tears on EUOT are delicious.

It's quite mistyfying for me to witness such a level of wailing over something as banal as a videogame. Lots of people not involved on its development really got too emotionally attached to it.

garbon

Cancelled!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?614933-Magna-Mundi-cancelled

QuoteHi all,

today Paradox Interactive decided to cancel Magna Mundi. It will not see the light of day under the current set up: Universo Virtual (UV) will not be part of this project any more.

The reasons for cancelling the contract with Universo Virtual include the following:

-   Lack of progress; we have seen this project drag on and the code we have gotten has not shown significant improvement for many months. Some old and known problems persists and new ones appear with each delivery.

-   Lack of trust; the leadership of UV has given a sunshine version of the project to Paradox and reacted with irritation and anger when we have pointed out obvious problems with the deliveries. It has come to a point where they claim the project is done, and the game is ready for release – despite the many critical issues found and reported on our end.

-   Internal strife within the MM team; we have gotten information from members within the MM team desperate to save the project whom report to us that the project lacks active leadership. Key personnel in the project see what Paradox sees but instead gets silenced by the UV leadership.

All in all, these are not circumstances under which we can work with a team and it will now stop. At this point we have no more news than the above.

Sincerely and regretfully,
Mattias Lilja
Executive Producer for Magna Mundi