Magna Mundi - The Game

Started by ubik, September 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: szmik on September 22, 2011, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2011, 01:10:49 PM
yay spam!
worth it if any of us spends money on it  :D

No such self-abasement is never good for one's soul.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ubik

Quote from: Viking on September 22, 2011, 04:00:09 PM
So it's like the victoria system only with an assault button added?

No. :)

It's not like the provincial militia can win the battle and throw the invaders out can they?

Yes. :)

ubik

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 22, 2011, 05:04:47 PM
The provincial pirate events/modifiers were what helped drive me away from MM the mod. It just got tedious to constantly deal with events and micromanaging decisions even in a medium-sized empire. I can't imagine doing that in, say 1600s Portugal or Spain.

There's nothing like that in the game. Piracy is a factor but seamlessly integrated into the engine, moreso, you don't have pirate ships going around anymore, even if you can still hire privateers.

Viking

Quote from: ubik on September 22, 2011, 07:56:22 PM
So it's like the victoria system only with an assault button added?

No. :)

We might have a different definition of "Totally". But features that are the same are the "%" occupation and the rate of occupation being a factor of invading army composition, size and leadership.

It's not like the provincial militia can win the battle and throw the invaders out can they?

Yes. :)

This seems to be a great feature at least. Since this seem to prevent minor detachments from rampaging around the countryside and it prevents the enemy from crossing un-occupied land without som nasty attrition or time delay.

If you add this to victoria it might make that game much more playable.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: ubik on September 22, 2011, 07:58:06 PM
The provincial pirate events/modifiers were what helped drive me away from MM the mod. It just got tedious to constantly deal with events and micromanaging decisions even in a medium-sized empire. I can't imagine doing that in, say 1600s Portugal or Spain.

There's nothing like that in the game. Piracy is a factor but seamlessly integrated into the engine, moreso, you don't have pirate ships going around anymore, even if you can still hire privateers.

Yay :)
Does it still use the EUIII system of events, decisions and missions?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

I'll wait for the 80% off sale on Steam before tackling this impeding abortion.

ubik

We might have a different definition of "Totally". But features that are the same are the "%" occupation and the rate of occupation being a factor of invading army composition, size and leadership.

Humm... I suggest you read the 3 dev diaries on land combat to get a firm grasp of what is different. But it's still land combat and about invading a province.

This seems to be a great feature at least. Since this seem to prevent minor detachments from rampaging around the countryside and it prevents the enemy from crossing un-occupied land without som nasty attrition or time delay.

Minor detachments are not going anywhere in Magna Mundi. ;)

ubik

Yay :)
Does it still use the EUIII system of events, decisions and missions?

There are events, definitely.
Decisions are different in concept but you have some sort of directives that can be linked to decisions. Missions... well, you can construe the fact that internal Factions make requests and demands from you and these requests and demands can be missions... we are talking however of something very, very different.

Sophie Scholl

So the incredibly annoying piracy events have all been scrapped?  Entirely?  I wouldn't get events every other month that make all coastal provinces eventually massive money and stability sinks like in the EU3 MM Mod?  You say it is integrated into the engine, but how exactly?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

ubik

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 27, 2011, 02:13:31 PM

So the incredibly annoying piracy events have all been scrapped?  Entirely?  I wouldn't get events every other month that make all coastal provinces eventually massive money and stability sinks like in the EU3 MM Mod?  You say it is integrated into the engine, but how exactly?

As happens with most of the game, piracy was redesigned from scratch, now that we had the opportunity to do so. It is now abstracted into the engine and while its level varies internally per province, you can check the big picture in the naval map mode and no messages are generated when a piracy level changes. Piracy doesn't cause stability hits and besides some effects to the local economy, at a global level it mainly reduces the merchant marine status of the country. Depending on several factors, you can change the rate of replenishment and turn it back to normal. The Merchant Marine is a mechanic that depends on the % of coastal provinces the country has and based on that impacts more or less on the final income of trade.

Furthermore, there are no pirate ships. Instead, you can hire privateers, target a single province and the privateer will operate there. The piracy level of that province will go up, there is a minor hit to Merchant Marine status of the target country and you can even add several privateers operating in a single province, increasing the local effects. Of course, there are ways of countering this, none that involves any sort of micro management.

Pishtaco

ubik

Pishtaco

Quote from: ubik on September 30, 2011, 04:17:56 PMLOL! Not me! The guy came up with that! :D

:(

QuoteAre you Pishtaco from ToT? :)

Yes.

Maladict

Where does it stand on the EU2 v UE3 historical determinism issue?
Scripted events, historical/dynamic leaders and monarchs, that kind of thing.