News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My first car accident

Started by DGuller, September 21, 2011, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

You also have to keep in mind that my first car was a brand new German car.  The "I'm really afraid to fuck something up" factor is quite a bit higher with it, than with, say, 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix, and the chance of it is a lot higher due to the vastly increased mechanical complexity.  Even the tow guy struggled for a while with the hub cap design.

Razgovory

I just came back from the store and saw a teenage girl changing her tire.  Actually it was the second store I was at, because the first one I dropped the case of soda I was buying and it started shooting up Sprite everywhere so I ran away. :Embarrass: 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I've never had a flat tire.  L2Drive, people.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2011, 07:05:53 PM

I don't think a person would be a good driver if they were constantly looking out for nails while driving. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I had like three flat tires this year. <_<  Only one was in any shape my fault and avoidable.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 07:35:23 PM
I had like three flat tires this year. <_<  Only one was in any shape my fault and avoidable.

Was that when you attacked your car with an ice pick in a drug fueled rage?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Hey, I'm the guy that likes to icepick my enemies tires. I call my icepick 'Trotsky'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2011, 07:36:22 PM

So we're just making stuff up now?  Like it's not ridiculously easy to use facts against me?  Try harder, lazybones.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2011, 07:05:53 PM

I had one flat when the retread blew off on the interstate.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2011, 07:36:22 PM

So we're just making stuff up now?  Like it's not ridiculously easy to use facts against me?  Try harder, lazybones.

The made up stuff is funnier.

Ed Anger

I once had 8 chinese whores fall on me. Shattered my leg.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Razgovory

Also I sometimes remember things wrong.  Like that time I thought that Dguller got mugged by a blueberry.

DGuller

Somebody upstairs must really like this thread, and really wants a sequel.  This time an idiot Shomrim vigilante almost got me.

It's Brooklyn again, Ocean Parkway, rush hour.  Some Shomrim guy wants to play with his illegal red and white strobe lights and a siren on his Honda Odyssey and run a red light.  Unlike a real cop, though, he doesn't wait for the cross traffic to stop before running the red light, and he turns his siren on too late.  The end result is that the car ahead of me jumps on the brakes, and so do I, and stop just short of his bumper.  I really hate that feeling of pulsating brake pedal.

They really need to crack down on these Jewish vigilantes.  You shouldn't play cop if you aren't trained to act like one.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 10, 2011, 06:01:41 PM
Somebody upstairs must really like this thread, and really wants a sequel.

You probably shouldn't have given out the address of this forum to the people in your apartment.

On the other hand, I advise anyone who works with Marty or intends to hire him to read this forum diligently.