And we're back!

Main Menu

My first car accident

Started by DGuller, September 21, 2011, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2011, 08:15:37 PM
I just buy my tire at Canadian Tire.

A bit out of the way for dguller, I'd think.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on October 05, 2011, 10:12:52 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2011, 08:15:37 PM
I just buy my tire at Canadian Tire.

A bit out of the way for dguller, I'd think.

A little bit. ;)

Fuck, I scratch 2 of my doors. One is thru to the primer, I'm pretty sure. The other seems to vary but I don't think it went thru to the steel, maybe not the primer either. Sun isn't completely up yet so I'm unsure.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2011, 06:11:27 AM
Fuck, I scratch 2 of my doors. One is thru to the primer, I'm pretty sure. The other seems to vary but I don't think it went thru to the steel, maybe not the primer either. Sun isn't completely up yet so I'm unsure.

Now that the sun is up. It's much worse then I expected, both my handles are done for & there's a scratch going along all the length of my car.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on October 05, 2011, 07:39:57 AM
By the way, what's the best way to get a new tire?  Should I just lube up and go the dealership, and pay an extra $75-$100?  I assume my tire is destroyed, hitting a pot hot hole destroyed the carcass of the tire.  My tire is unfortunately not the kind that places like Sears have.
Of course.  You're the sort of idiot who buys German cars.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2011, 06:46:38 AM

Now that the sun is up. It's much worse then I expected, both my handles are done for & there's a scratch going along all the length of my car.
What the fuck did you do?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2011, 07:26:16 AM
By the way, what's the best way to get a new tire?  Should I just lube up and go the dealership, and pay an extra $75-$100?  I assume my tire is destroyed, hitting a pot hot hole destroyed the carcass of the tire.  My tire is unfortunately not the kind that places like Sears have.
Sorry if I want to drive something that's a little more fun than a rolling appliance.

DGuller

I just looked at my spare tire, and I realized that it's probably just an H-rated regular tire, with an ugly wheel mounted.  I think that means that I can ignore the 50 mph / 50 miles rule when driving on it, and take my time with Internet ordering.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on October 06, 2011, 08:01:27 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2011, 07:26:16 AM
Sorry if I want to drive something that's a little more fun than a rolling appliance.
Fun. :rolleyes:

Still, you pay heavily for your 'fun'.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2011, 07:28:13 AM

Dude didn't let me pass in the traffic. Blocked me.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2011, 08:24:35 AM

I do?  In what way?

Zanza

Usually buying a single tire is not a good idea, you should change both tires on that axis.

You could consider getting run-flat tires so you won't be in a such a bad situation again and can just drive your car to your usual dealership if the tire is flat.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2011, 08:29:39 AM

So you rammed him?  Good work, Alderson.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on October 06, 2011, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2011, 08:29:39 AM

So you rammed him?  Good work, Alderson.

No, he rammed me. Ineffective block, very good ramming on his part.

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on October 06, 2011, 10:24:07 AM
Usually buying a single tire is not a good idea, you should change both tires on that axis.

You could consider getting run-flat tires so you won't be in a such a bad situation again and can just drive your car to your usual dealership if the tire is flat.
My tires are not that old, and don't have too many miles on them.  I think I should be fine with changing one tire.

As for run-flats, they have many disadvantages.  They give a rouger ride, they weigh more, and they may actually get destroyed more easily by the pot-holes, since they don't give as much.  I've read many stories of BMW drivers going through run-flats like normal cars go through fill ups.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 06, 2011, 08:33:19 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2011, 08:24:35 AM

I do?  In what way?

Well, you live in New Jersey for one...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017