News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:14:34 PM
A well done steak should be thrown in the trash no matter how good a cut it was originally.

My missus has her steak well done. This has caused more arguments between us than any other single issue.  I shoudln't really care, it's her steak but it really, really pisses me off.

He family are beef farmers as well. Well known in the Basque country for the quality of their cows.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:18:34 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2011, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:15:38 PM
What's a foodie?
A food snob.
Oh.  Well, there's some levels of food snobbery that aren't so bad.  But once you move past the 'condemning Caliga for eating out of the dumpster behind the local Denny's' stage, you're probably going to far.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Warspite

Quote from: Gups on September 28, 2011, 04:53:26 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:14:34 PM
A well done steak should be thrown in the trash no matter how good a cut it was originally.

My missus has her steak well done. This has caused more arguments between us than any other single issue.  I shoudln't really care, it's her steak but it really, really pisses me off.

He family are beef farmers as well. Well known in the Basque country for the quality of their cows.

I think I've mentioned this on Languish before, but back when I was a kitchen porter in a fairly high class Edinburgh restaurant (the kind where'd you'd have to work five hours in the kitchen to afford a starter) a customer had the temerity to order a steak "very well done".

The chef flew into an absolute rage upon the check being read out, throwing a heated pan across the room and shouting "Very well done!? Why don't they just fucking eat their shoe!"

That's sort of my reaction too.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 08:10:27 PM
I just realized that this thread would be really insensitive if the guy got a chair.

The chair. "A" chair has an entirely different meaning.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 07:25:11 PM
Now that I look at the picture of my steak, the red looks really red.  Is there such a thing as a steak that's too undercooked? :unsure:
Yea if it has any pink in it.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on September 28, 2011, 10:27:18 AM
Now that I look at the picture of my steak, the red looks really red.  Is there such a thing as a steak that's too undercooked? :unsure:

Now I see why you no longer live in Alberta.

You didn't leave by choice - you were shunned.

:mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on September 28, 2011, 10:27:18 AM

No steak for you!

Martinus

Quote from: dps on September 27, 2011, 07:34:41 PM
In a very rare steak, the center is almost uncooked, and that can be a food safety issue.

I guess it depends on what kind of restaurants you frequent.

I regularly eat steak tartare so I guess if food was supposed to kill me, it would have already.

Caliga

Quote from: Warspite on September 28, 2011, 08:46:33 AM
The chef flew into an absolute rage upon the check being read out, throwing a heated pan across the room and shouting "Very well done!? Why don't they just fucking eat their shoe!"
Did you tell him to relax? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on September 28, 2011, 03:15:14 PM
I regularly eat steak tartare so I guess if food was supposed to kill me, it would have already.
:cool: It's been too long since I've had that.  I need to get me some.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Warspite

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2011, 07:26:17 PM
Quote from: Warspite on September 28, 2011, 08:46:33 AM
Did you tell him to relax? :)
Too busy dodging the missiles.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 01:17:34 PM

Well yes, but not for that.

I'd just as soon have a burger as a steak anyway.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2011, 07:26:51 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 28, 2011, 03:15:14 PM
:cool: It's been too long since I've had that.  I need to get me some.

:yuk: I've tried tartare, but I can't get past the feeling that I'm eating pet food.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on September 29, 2011, 10:13:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 01:17:34 PM

Well yes, but not for that.

Well that was the joke I was going for. ;)

But if you'd just as soon have a burger as a steak, we as a province are better off without you.  :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Maximus on September 29, 2011, 10:13:31 AM

Now you've done it.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius