News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 07:03:26 PM
This thread inspired me to pan fry a steak tonight.  It came out really well.  It's brown on the outside, pink just beneath the surface, and red-brown in the middle.  It's rare enough to be rare, but still perfectly chewable.  :licklips:

Do you even own a grill you Bolshevik?

Ed Anger

This thread inspired me to pan fry a steak tonight.  It came out really well.  It's brown on the outside, pink just beneath the surface, and red-brown in the middle.  It's rare enough to be rare, but still perfectly chewable.  :licklips:

Cover it in Heinz 57 sauce and post a picture. Foodies everywhere will stroke out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2011, 07:06:31 PM

Do you even own a grill you Bolshevik?
Not anymore.  I used to have a Foreman grill, though.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 27, 2011, 07:07:37 PM

Cover it in Heinz 57 sauce and post a picture. Foodies everywhere will stroke out.
:x  Why the fuck would you want to do such a thing?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 07:14:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 27, 2011, 07:07:37 PM

:x  Why the fuck would you want to do such a thing?

For the comedy value.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2011, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:15:38 PM
What's a foodie?
A food snob.
Oh.  Well, there's some levels of food snobbery that aren't so bad.  But once you move past the 'condemning Caliga for eating out of the dumpster behind the local Denny's' stage, you're probably going to far.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Not necessarily a snob.  More like a hobbyist.

DGuller

Now that I look at the picture of my steak, the red looks really red.  Is there such a thing as a steak that's too undercooked? :unsure:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

dps

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 07:25:11 PM
Now that I look at the picture of my steak, the red looks really red.  Is there such a thing as a steak that's too undercooked? :unsure:

That appears to be very rare.  It's not necessarily undercooked per se--after all, that's a matter of taste--but I wouldn't order one very rare in a restaurant.  In a very rare steak, the center is almost uncooked, and that can be a food safety issue.