News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I bet Hitler loved grilled omelettes.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

To contribute to the utter trivialization of this thread  (:ultra: :ultra: :ultra:), I prefer steak cooked in the pan rather than on the grill.  To me it just tastes like "grill" when it's done that way, which is OK, but pan-cooking gives it that really steaky, meatful flavor.

I also prefer the abolition of the death penalty.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 26, 2011, 08:31:11 PM
Your lack of morality has been noted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2011, 08:33:53 PM
Doesn't my Continental steak preference bear more heavily on that?   :cry:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 26, 2011, 08:40:48 PM
No.  I care not how you eat your meat, only that you eat it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habsburg

crazy canuck

Yes. Ignore Neil.  He comes from the land of great steak and so does not care if people do not cook it properly so long as they buy it.  Those of us who do care about cooking steak properly have duly noted your failing in that regard.

Gups

Why do you think steak tastes better when it's not pan fried?

I understand why you'd like a charcoal barbie which adds something to the falavour but it sounds like you are just using some form of gas. What's the difference?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on September 27, 2011, 11:38:59 AM

I understand why you'd like a charcoal barbie which adds something to the falavour but it sounds like you are just using some form of gas. What's the difference?

You still get a char from gas heat.  Plus the always important grill marks.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Gups

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2011, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Gups on September 27, 2011, 11:38:59 AM

You still get a char from gas heat.  Plus the always important grill marks.

You get a char from using a really hot skillet. Plus the always important grill marks.

Ideologue

To contribute to the utter trivialization of this thread  (:ultra: :ultra: :ultra:), I prefer steak cooked in the pan rather than on the grill.  To me it just tastes like "grill" when it's done that way, which is OK, but pan-cooking gives it that really steaky, meatful flavor.

Why do you prefer extended torture to swift oblivion?  Seems illiberal to me. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 11:12:03 AM
Yes. Ignore Neil.  He comes from the land of great steak and so does not care if people do not cook it properly so long as they buy it.  Those of us who do care about cooking steak properly have duly noted your failing in that regard.
A sufficiently good steak will defeat most attempts to ruin it through improper cooking.