Taliban shoots down Chinook helicopter, killing 31 US soldiers

Started by Kleves, August 06, 2011, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Tsk. It's just another gambit to increase the power of his Aura of Confusion spell.

CountDeMoney

Well, not to pick sides or anything, but the concept of proximity fuses on a rocket-propelled grenade is pretty fucking stupid.

But I'm not calling out anybody for being fucking stupid or anything.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2011, 01:02:36 PM
Well, not to pick sides or anything, but the concept of proximity fuses on a rocket-propelled grenade is pretty fucking stupid.

Well, aren't you special?   :P

I don't know why anyone is hung up about RPGs, or about idiotic statements being called idiotic statements.  But, then, those who profess that they don't understand why I would call an idiotic statement idiotic all have a vested interest in pretending not to know what an idiotic statement is!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on August 07, 2011, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2011, 01:02:36 PM

Well, aren't you special?   :P

I don't know why anyone is hung up about RPGs, or about idiotic statements being called idiotic statements.  But, then, those who profess that they don't understand why I would call an idiotic statement idiotic all have a vested interest in pretending not to know what an idiotic statement is!  :lol:

:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 07, 2011, 12:32:02 PM
WTF?  Who could've imagined that proximity fuses or RPGs would be grumbler's sore spot?

Presumably Grumbler knows exactly how hard it is to put a proximity fuse on an RPG-7 warhead.  Perhaps he'll tell us, and then inform us how he found that out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Hey, if I post a link to a page I found which proposes modifying RPG7s and other AT rockets to carry all sorts of warheads, do you think grumbler's logic circuit will exploded or might he just rage-quit ?  :cool:

edit:
http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/rpg.html :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2011, 05:46:14 PM
Hey, if I post a link to a page I found which proposes modifying RPG7s and other AT rockets to carry all sorts of warheads, do you think grumbler's logic circuit will exploded or might he just rage-quit ?  :cool:

edit:
Hey, if I point out that your anonymous angelfire user doesn't mention AA proximity fuses at all (nor any kind of AA round whatsoever), will your illogic circuit explode, or will you just ragequit?  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 07, 2011, 07:22:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2011, 05:46:14 PM

edit:
Hey, if I point out that your anonymous angelfire user doesn't mention AA proximity fuses at all (nor any kind of AA round whatsoever), will your illogic circuit explode, or will you just ragequit?  :cool:

And were did I mention AA rounds in my post ?  :hmm:

Ideologue

It's not like I posed some theoretically impossible thing, dude.  Radar proximity fuzes have been used in applications roughly the size of an RPG round, if not a bit smaller (specifically 40mm Bofors shells).  You could have just said RPG rounds have never been manufactured with them, or that cave-Afghans aren't capable of manufacturing it, or even that it would not necessarily be useful on any standard RPG round--which I believe are probably your objections, but there's no real reason I should know--but note how instead you just called someone stupid (and spent more time defending that) than it would have taken to explain.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

:lol:  Dude, let it go.  Every time you let grumbler push your buttons its a victory for al Qaeda.

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Now why on earth did I assume that your post had anything to do with the subject under discussion (the apparent downing of a helicopter by an RPG, and the claim that it wouldn't be hard to modify an RPG to take a proximity fuse fopr use against helicopters)?  Sorry, old chap.  Mistook you for somebody who had a clue.  Forget I said anything.   I'm certainly going to pretend you didn't say anything, what with you stooping to quote some anonymous angelfire user, wot wot?  :bowler:

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
:lol:  Dude, let it go.  Every time you let grumbler push your buttons its a victory for al Qaeda.
Listen to Tojo, Ide.

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 07, 2011, 08:14:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Now why on earth did I assume that your post had anything to do with the subject under discussion (the apparent downing of a helicopter by an RPG, and the claim that it wouldn't be hard to modify an RPG to take a proximity fuse fopr use against helicopters)?  Sorry, old chap.  Mistook you for somebody who had a clue.  Forget I said anything.   I'm certainly going to pretend you didn't say anything, what with you stooping to quote some anonymous angelfire user, wot wot?  :bowler:

Baited.  ;)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

Terrible news - my heart is with the families of my brothers in arms.

Whacking transportation is the norm in the Afghan conflict - as it always has been.  That's the most dangerous time - on the move.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr