Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 29, 2011, 02:21:55 PM
All this talk about "ABB" is confusing.  I keep thinking Percy Barnevik is to blame somehow.

I'm glad it wasn't just me  :)

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on July 29, 2011, 11:29:54 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2011, 10:45:58 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 29, 2011, 10:18:00 AM
The lesson being your parents are assholes?

It's a hostile world for Jews.

There are easier ways to do that - just have 'em read the collected wit and wisdom of Slargos.  ;)

That's a pretty quick read.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on July 29, 2011, 05:31:47 PM

There are easier ways to do that - just have 'em read the collected wit and wisdom of Slargos.  ;)

Is that a threat?  :mad:

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 29, 2011, 05:44:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 29, 2011, 05:31:47 PM

Is that a threat?  :mad:

No, it's an insult. You need to learn to differentiate between the two. :)

For example:

"Slargos is so stupid, if we needed brains to breathe, he would suffocate" - Insult.

"I would suffocate Slargos with my own bare hands, while gouging his brains out with an axe" - Threat.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 29, 2011, 06:01:07 PM

"I would suffocate Slargos with my own bare hands, while gouging his brains out with an axe" - Threat.

You should know that I have contacted the authorities about this. You should expect to hear from the police shortly.  :)

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 29, 2011, 06:07:36 PM

You should know that I have contacted the authorities about this. You should expect to hear from the police shortly.  :)

The Polish police do not speak foreign languages. All they heard was bork bork bork.

Martinus

Also, since 1650s it is considered legally desirable to kill a Swede in Poland.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 29, 2011, 06:09:39 PM

The Polish police do not speak foreign languages. All they heard was bork bork bork.

TOO LATE. You're going to lose your fake lawyering license over this.  :mad:

Razgovory

:lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

An article about the reaction to so called extremism on the internet and with before (from google streetview) and after images of the bomb site.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fnyheter%2Firiks%2Farticle4184913.ece

note, the Lars Gule that is referred to in the article as criticizing extremism was

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_GuleIn 1977 Lars Gule was arrested in Beirut, Lebanon for carrying explosives, intended for an armed attack in Israel.[1] The explosives were meant for use in an action on behalf of Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) in an operation timed to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.[2] He was convicted to half a year in prison in Lebanon for illegal possession of a weapon (i.e. explosives), but was not convicted on terrorism charges.

His association with the Norwegian Humanist association has permanently prevented me from joining, it seems, however, that murdering civilians is bad as long as the civilians are not joos.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on July 30, 2011, 10:56:53 AM
An article about the reaction to so called extremism on the internet and with before (from google streetview) and after images of the bomb site.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fnyheter%2Firiks%2Farticle4184913.ece

note, the Lars Gule that is referred to in the article as criticizing extremism was

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_GuleIn 1977 Lars Gule was arrested in Beirut, Lebanon for carrying explosives, intended for an armed attack in Israel.[1] The explosives were meant for use in an action on behalf of Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) in an operation timed to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.[2] He was convicted to half a year in prison in Lebanon for illegal possession of a weapon (i.e. explosives), but was not convicted on terrorism charges.

His association with the Norwegian Humanist association has permanently prevented me from joining, it seems, however, that murdering civilians is bad as long as the civilians are not joos.

Not sure what your point here is.

Assuming he indeed intended to use this against the civilian population (unlike ABB, he did not put his plan into action), his association is as damning to the NHA as ABB's membership is damning to the PP. I thought you have been arguing against some Norwegian pundits who were trying to put collective blame on the PP because ABB used to be a member and committed mass murder a week ago - yet you were "permanently prevented from joining" the NHA because of a collective blame put on them for something their ex-member allegedly tried to do 33 years ago but did not succeed.

What gives?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2011, 11:31:41 AM

Not sure what your point here is.

Assuming he indeed intended to use this against the civilian population (unlike ABB, he did not put his plan into action), his association is as damning to the NHA as ABB's membership is damning to the PP. I thought you have been arguing against some Norwegian pundits who were trying to put collective blame on the PP because ABB used to be a member and committed mass murder a week ago - yet you were "permanently prevented from joining" the NHA because of a collective blame put on them for something their ex-member allegedly tried to do 33 years ago but did not succeed.

What gives?

1 - Gule was leader of the NHA, not merely a low ranking payer of membership dues. He is still a member.
2 - Gule's arrest prevented an attack on civilians.   
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

:lmfao:

dps

Bet most of 'em don't even read and right Polish, either.

sbr

Quote from: dps on July 30, 2011, 01:59:19 PM

Bet most of 'em don't even read and right Polish, either.

:unsure: