Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on July 26, 2011, 05:17:34 AM
It's related closely enough that I can understand a lot of it knowing Russian. :P
:yes: If you know Russian and you know English, you can guesstimate a lot of what something in Polish says.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on July 26, 2011, 08:23:53 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2011, 08:18:18 AM
I like the fact the guy drew up "Timmay maps".  The Western part of Syria is given to "Assyrians".  I'm assuming he's referring to Syriac Christians, but they live on the other side of the country.  On part of the Middle East is awarded to "Various christian groups".  Really weird.

I suggest an immediate round-up of alt-history types. Better safe than sorry.  :hmm:

Indeed.  Round up the usual suspects.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on July 26, 2011, 05:48:04 AM
Breivik's public postings from document.no in english, translated by a professional.

http://passagenjerusalem.blogspot.com/2011/07/breivik-files.html

if anybody is interested.

Not interested.
Committing mass murder is not a way to convince me that a person's ravings should hold any interest.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 26, 2011, 09:14:25 AM
Breivik's public postings from document.no in english, translated by a professional.

Not interested.
Committing mass murder is not a way to convince me that a person's ravings should hold any interest.

Yes, but that's not to say they shouldn't be read for clues, indications of which might help foil future outrages ?

Or if an 'objective' view is possible of what outside opinions and forces influenced him, then these might be useful in challenging the hate that some spew into the public arena ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I like the fact the guy drew up "Timmay maps".  The Western part of Syria is given to "Assyrians".  I'm assuming he's referring to Syriac Christians, but they live on the other side of the country.  On part of the Middle East is awarded to "Various christian groups".  Really weird.

:lol:

Damn Timmays.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2011, 07:48:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2011, 04:10:21 PM
Well, I think you are doing both. Actually, historically, you have been quite open - it's only recently that you are moving into positions of more forceful "besieged fortress", as anti-immigrant sentiments demonstrate.

Yeah we had plenty of anti-immigrant sentiments back then to and rather shrill ones.

Nothing has really changed.  I certainly have not noticed any "besieged fortress" stuff going on and I live in a state with the largest Latino population around.

Well, the Arizona anti-immigrant laws, the ideas of building a wall across the Mexican border or the whole "minutemen" movement had me convinced it is something unusual or extraordinary, but I'd take your word for it.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on July 26, 2011, 08:19:41 AM

Are you hinting that the guy is not exactly what we call "sane"?  :hmm:

Well, it was said he is sane in the sense of not being a raving lunatic. I think he suffers from severe psychopathy/narcissism, though.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on July 26, 2011, 09:19:31 AM
Yes, but that's not to say they shouldn't be read for clues, indications of which might help foil future outrages ?

Or if an 'objective' view is possible of what outside opinions and forces influenced him, then these might be useful in challenging the hate that some spew into the public arena ?

The authorities should read them, for evidence of possible collarborators and so on.

But whatever nutty ideology this guy is promoting is secondary.  He is a killer.  He wanted to kill and he enjoyed doing it and attention he gets for it.  If his life had developed differently or at a different time he could have done the killing in support for any number of things. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on July 26, 2011, 09:19:31 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 26, 2011, 09:14:25 AM

Not interested.

Apparently, he mentions the three parties that ruled Poland during 2006-2007 as his "ideological allies". These are the guys who are David Cameron's allies in the EU Parliament.

Just sayin'.

Malthus

I tend to agree that the guy's actual politics are immaterial. Although he seemingly stands for a lot of stuff I loathe, and the temptation to rub in guilt by association is high (hello, Slargos!  ;) ), it ought to be resisted - he's a killer, he seemingly enjoys the attention that killing gave him, he could have been killing for any one of a number of different ideologies.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on July 26, 2011, 09:39:25 AM
I tend to agree that the guy's actual politics are immaterial. Although he seemingly stands for a lot of stuff I loathe, and the temptation to rub in guilt by association is high (hello, Slargos!  ;) ), it ought to be resisted - he's a killer, he seemingly enjoys the attention that killing gave him, he could have been killing for any one of a number of different ideologies.

You just say that to protect your freemason zionist brethren.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 26, 2011, 09:39:25 AM

You just say that to protect your freemason zionist brethren.

No such thing!

[*makes secret handsign*]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

The biological father has stated that he feels "shame" in the interview.

Fucking attention whore.

If the information released so far is correct, the last time ABB even saw his biological father was 15-16 years ago, and the only thing this "father" should possibly feel any shame over is abandoning his children.

I don't get this whole "shame" hysteria. SD should feel "shame" because they are "also nationalists" according to Aftonbladet.

The security police in Norway should feel "shame" and take "self-criticism" because they didn't detect this guy. I saw the female chief of the PST attempt to defend herself with a low voice and some very clear hand-wringing. What the fuck is wrong with these people. "Oh, we are so sorry." Fuck you. Tell those fucking journalists where they can shove it. "self-criticism" indeed. "Oh, he bought chemicals for the grand total of $20 from a polish webstore. That should've popped up on someone's radar! Heads need to roll!"

FRP needs to feel shame over the fact that this guy was a member.

No one questions the race-biological institutes and forced sterilization programs the Social Democrats ran. Apparently that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Decades of physical, psychological and general rights abuse of the children of german soldiers? They're all dead anyway, so we don't need to talk about it.

Sometimes I wonder if they don't all deserve this and more.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 09:48:43 AM

Tell us how you really feel, Slarg.

Btw, his father said more. He said he should have killed himself instead. I thought it was very sad, not something to be angry about.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 09:48:43 AM

Tell us how you really feel, Slarg.

Btw, his father said more. He said he should have killed himself instead. I thought it was very sad, not something to be angry about.

What right does he even have to this attention whoring? If he hasn't spoken to his son since he was an adolescent, what fucking use is his insight?