Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on July 26, 2011, 05:41:56 AM
Oh tasteful and helpful. Glenn Beck has likened the Utøya youth camp to the Hitler Youth.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/26/glenn-beck-norwegian-dead-hitler

Quote"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler youth, or, whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics. Disturbing," said Beck on his syndicated radio show.

:lol:

Meanwhile, a number of more crazy Polish pundits and bloggers associated with the Law and Justice party (Cameron's buddies from the EU Parliament) denounced the shooting as a case of "zionist freemason terrorism".

Polish rightwingers > Glenn Beck. :yeah:

Martinus

Quote from: Norgy on July 26, 2011, 05:42:38 AM
I suppose he missed the point about exactly who was armed and in uniform.
He displays journalist integrity worthy of a Languish poster (i.e. misread, misinterpret and misunderstand facts and then say something outrageous). :P

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 06:20:40 AM
Oh tasteful and helpful. Glenn Beck has likened the Utøya youth camp to the Hitler Youth.

Quote"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler youth, or, whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics. Disturbing," said Beck on his syndicated radio show.

Meanwhile, a number of more crazy Polish pundits and bloggers associated with the Law and Justice party (Cameron's buddies from the EU Parliament) denounced the shooting as a case of "zionist freemason terrorism".

Let's see.

Zionist? Yes. Check.

Freemason? Yes. Check.

Terrorist? Yes. Check.

:hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 06:26:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 06:20:40 AM

Let's see.

Zionist? Yes. Check.

Freemason? Yes. Check.

Terrorist? Yes. Check.

:hmm:

Still, it is rather disingenuous to mention this as the *only* descriptor of his political stances.

Oh, they also said he was pro-gay and anti-fascist. :P

Slargos

Martinus

"6 million Jews murdered by a radical vegetarian non-smoker". :P

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 26, 2011, 06:35:07 AM
Yes, and yes.  :hmm:

You should come to live in Poland. You would be finally free to be true to your heart and be a lilly white bleeding heart liberal (the position you have here if you think Poles may have been indirectly involved in getting some Jews killed during Holocaust, for example). We also have about 20,000 Muslims (out of nearly 40,000,000 Poles), most of whom are assimilated ex-tartars who settled here in 18th century.

Slargos

Sounds like a great prospect save for approximately 40 million reasons.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:58:48 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 26, 2011, 03:57:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:55:05 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on July 26, 2011, 03:54:21 AM
Quote from: Norgy on July 26, 2011, 02:55:27 AM
The mass murderer's behaviour, manifesto and demand for being in uniform when he appeared before the judge yesterday leads me to lean more and more towards ideology being secondary to a massive narcissistic personality disorder and Messiah complex.

I get this impression, as well.  There were a ton of rather well done headshots of him floating around within 48 hours of the massacre, and I read (somewhere, do not remember details) that he specifically sought these services out for just this occasion.  Endless vanity and narcissism.

Well, he's gay.  :ph34r:

Edit: Incidentally, was his sexuality confirmed? I have not seen it mentioned in any news, except in anonymous internet comments.

:bleeding:

Are you doing a garbon? This morning your posts were:

:mellow:

^_^

and

:bleeding:

:bleeding: was really the only appropriate response to that post of yours, if one felt compelled to respond.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2011, 04:10:21 PM
Well, I think you are doing both. Actually, historically, you have been quite open - it's only recently that you are moving into positions of more forceful "besieged fortress", as anti-immigrant sentiments demonstrate.

Yeah we had plenty of anti-immigrant sentiments back then to and rather shrill ones.

Nothing has really changed.  I certainly have not noticed any "besieged fortress" stuff going on and I live in a state with the largest Latino population around.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 02:11:20 AM
Ok, but now what is it? I'd wager Latin America, right? And it seems like it is causing you guys a major headache.

Not sure I understand which question you're asking.  The single largest ancestry people told the census in 2006 was "German."

If you mean, "where are the immigrants from now?"...as to Lawful Permanent Residents, the top 5 countries in 2010 (which, btw, was in the first link I posted) were Mexico, China, India, the Phillipines, and the Dominican Republic.  Regionally, Asia, then North America, then Africa, Europe, South America, Oceania, and Unknown.

When illegal immigrants are tossed in (which makes the numbers somewhat more suspect), Mexico wins by several million.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 06:40:11 AM
"6 million Jews murdered by a mustachioed radical vegetarian non-smoking tee totaling dog lover". :P

fyp
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I like the fact the guy drew up "Timmay maps".  The Western part of Syria is given to "Assyrians".  I'm assuming he's referring to Syriac Christians, but they live on the other side of the country.  On part of the Middle East is awarded to "Various christian groups".  Really weird.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2011, 08:18:18 AM
I like the fact the guy drew up "Timmay maps".  The Western part of Syria is given to "Assyrians".  I'm assuming he's referring to Syriac Christians, but they live on the other side of the country.  On part of the Middle East is awarded to "Various christian groups".  Really weird.

Are you hinting that the guy is not exactly what we call "sane"?  :hmm:

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2011, 08:18:18 AM

I suggest an immediate round-up of alt-history types. Better safe than sorry.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius