Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Norgy on July 26, 2011, 02:55:27 AM
The mass murderer's behaviour, manifesto and demand for being in uniform when he appeared before the judge yesterday leads me to lean more and more towards ideology being secondary to a massive narcissistic personality disorder and Messiah complex.

I get this impression, as well.  There were a ton of rather well done headshots of him floating around within 48 hours of the massacre, and I read (somewhere, do not remember details) that he specifically sought these services out for just this occasion.  Endless vanity and narcissism.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on July 26, 2011, 03:54:21 AM
The mass murderer's behaviour, manifesto and demand for being in uniform when he appeared before the judge yesterday leads me to lean more and more towards ideology being secondary to a massive narcissistic personality disorder and Messiah complex.

I get this impression, as well.  There were a ton of rather well done headshots of him floating around within 48 hours of the massacre, and I read (somewhere, do not remember details) that he specifically sought these services out for just this occasion.  Endless vanity and narcissism.

Well, he's gay.  :ph34r:

Edit: Incidentally, was his sexuality confirmed? I have not seen it mentioned in any news, except in anonymous internet comments. I understand he also used to have a girlfriend at some point (they interviewed some Pole who used to work with him 8 years ago or so in some telecom company's office).

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:52:42 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 26, 2011, 03:50:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:45:52 AM
Quote from: Gups on July 26, 2011, 03:29:01 AM
Is it possible to ascribe genes to a country?

Gene Hackman - USA
Gene Kelly - USA
Gene Roddenberry - USA
Gene Wilder - USA
etc.

:mellow:

All Genes seem to be American.

Gene Simmons - Israel

So all genes are either American or Jewish. Figures.

Do Yevgeniys count?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:55:05 AM

Edit: Incidentally, was his sexuality confirmed? I have not seen it mentioned in any news, except in anonymous internet comments.

:bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2011, 03:56:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:52:42 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 26, 2011, 03:50:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:45:52 AM
Quote from: Gups on July 26, 2011, 03:29:01 AM
Is it possible to ascribe genes to a country?

Gene Hackman - USA
Gene Kelly - USA
Gene Roddenberry - USA
Gene Wilder - USA
etc.

All Genes seem to be American.

Gene Simmons - Israel

So all genes are either American or Jewish. Figures.

Do Yevgeniys count?

Only because they have foreign name, it does not mean they are mathematically illiterate.  :rolleyes:

Ideologue

Haw.  Out of curiosity, is that also the Pole version of Eugene?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on July 26, 2011, 03:57:20 AM

Edit: Incidentally, was his sexuality confirmed? I have not seen it mentioned in any news, except in anonymous internet comments.

Are you doing a garbon? This morning your posts were:

^_^

and

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:58:48 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 26, 2011, 03:57:20 AM

Are you doing a garbon? This morning your posts were:

^_^

and

:hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2011, 03:58:18 AM

No. Polish is "Eugeniusz". If you want a Polish version of a name, you have to take an English name, mispspell it, and add a W or CZ or SZ somewhere.  :P

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:59:52 AM

No. Polish is "Eugeniusz". If you want a Polish version of a name, you have to take an English name, mispspell it, and add a W or CZ or SZ somewhere.  :P

Sorry to ask a boring-ass followup, but do you guys have the "yeh" sound or is an E pronounced "eh" or "ee" (although in that case, however, I'd assume a long "u"?

I know that Polish isn't that closely related to Russian, so it's probably like assuming that Romanian is pronounced the same as French.
Kinemalogue

Solmyr

It's related closely enough that I can understand a lot of it knowing Russian. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2011, 04:04:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2011, 03:59:52 AM

Sorry to ask a boring-ass followup, but do you guys have the "yeh" sound or is an E pronounced "eh" or "ee" (although in that case, however, I'd assume a long "u"?

I know that Polish isn't that closely related to Russian, so it's probably like assuming that Romanian is pronounced the same as French.

E is pronounced like "eh" - similar to the "e" in "bed".

We have the "yeh" sound but it's achieved by putting "e" behind "i" or "j" (e.g. "pies" - meaning a "dog" or "jechać" meaning "to ride"). The sound is slightly different between both, but in principle you get "ie" when it follows a consonant and "je" when it is at the beginning of a word or after a vowel (but sometimes there can be "je" after a consonant, when the word is built from another word with "je" at the beginning - e.g. "wjechać" meaning "to ride into" or "zjechać" meaning "to ride down" or "najechać" meaning "to ride onto" or "invade").

Brazen

Oh tasteful and helpful. Glenn Beck has likened the Utøya youth camp to the Hitler Youth.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/26/glenn-beck-norwegian-dead-hitler

Quote"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler youth, or, whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics. Disturbing," said Beck on his syndicated radio show.

Norgy

I suppose he missed the point about exactly who was armed and in uniform.

Viking

Breivik's public postings from document.no in english, translated by a professional.

http://passagenjerusalem.blogspot.com/2011/07/breivik-files.html

if anybody is interested.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.