Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on August 04, 2011, 04:14:48 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2011, 03:49:13 AM
Why would you buy bottled water?

it's an east euro thing

Yeah. They do not get that unboiled tap water here can make you sick (or at least could within the living memory and so people are wary to drink water from the tap).

Oexmelin

Quote from: Barrister on August 03, 2011, 03:30:16 PM
Canada has a fairly shitty selection of cheeses available.

Damn you, Dairy Commission of Canada.  Damn you to HELL!

I rather suspect it is an issue of demand rather than the Dairy Commission (though it does play a role). You can find tons of good cheese in Montreal.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 04, 2011, 08:10:28 AM

I rather suspect it is an issue of demand rather than the Dairy Commission (though it does play a role). You can find tons of good cheese in Montreal.

Lots of great cheeses in the European delis on Bloor street, in my neighbourhood. There are whole stores dedicated to, apparently, thousands of varieties of cheese.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Dear dairy,

Today the Canadians got into another internal tard fight on Languish. Stupid, eh?

Slargos

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fnyheter%2Firiks%2Farticle4191940.ece&act=url

:bleeding: x infinity

Quote- Totally  tasteless to find such a toy gun with Donald Duck magazine in your  mailbox, while the whole of Norway is still in mourning after the  terrorist attacks, says a mother of young children to Aftenposten.no.   The family subscribed to the comic magazine and get it sent a few days before it is available for sale in the store.  But this time do not get the kids enjoy the game that always comes with.
  - I removed the gun and it can not see my kids, says the Oslo woman.
  Toy gun is plastic.  It is packaged and marketed as "spider-catapult".  The magazine can be filled with the included black spiders, and the gun or catapult, sling the spiders towards the target.   - Do not hack firearms    Chief Svein Erik Søland in Egmont Serieforlaget understand that parents  react right now, when these Toy dolls up unannounced in your mailbox.
  - Every summer for more than 20 years, we sent out water pistols and other toy weapons with Donald Duck magazine.  Of course we have discussed whether it is appropriate to send out such guns in the situation we are in now.  But it was not possible to stop the broadcast, because of press time and distribution, he says to Aftenposten.no.   May have been the last toy guns in Donald leaves   He emphasizes that it certainly is not the publisher's intent to promote or hack firearms.
  - I feel like Donald Duck stories is the prototype of a universe in which conflicts are resolved in a nonviolent way.  So I hope that parents, if they respond, you can use this opportunity to talk with the children and make them aware.
  - Are you going to have to send out toy guns with the comic magazine?
  - No.  This will be discussed thoroughly in publishing management.  And I do not exclude that it may be necessary to put an end to future mailings of toy guns, says Svein Erik Søland. 

The Brain

AFAIK all families in Norway have thrown away all their weapon-like toys.

Slargos

Funny tidbit, btw.

I come into contact with people from wildly different social stratas in my work, and the last week the topic of conversation has naturally often drifted into the Utøya murders.

Frequently, the conclusion has been that "I can understand why he'd want to kill politicians, but going after children crossed the line."

An older man told me today, "I mean, we've often talked about bombing the entire [government building district] to hell."

It would appear that while extreme, Breivik's sentiments aren't exactly unique in Norway.  :hmm:

The Brain

The Jews told me that he is just a lone madman. Are you saying I cannot trust the Jews?

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2011, 03:07:18 PM
The Jews told me that he is just a lone madman. Are you saying I cannot trust the Jews?

I can only lay the facts out for you. You need to draw your own conclusions.  :sleep:

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2011, 08:36:14 AM
Dear dairy,

Today the Canadians got into another internal tard fight on Languish. Stupid, eh?
:D

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2011, 02:43:43 PM

Good Lord-- that's about half my son's toys.   
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: derspiess on August 04, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2011, 02:43:43 PM

Good Lord-- that's about half my son's toys.

You will regret it when he murders a bunch of kids at a political indoctrination camp.  :hmm:

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2011, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 04, 2011, 08:10:28 AM

Lots of great cheeses in the European delis on Bloor street, in my neighbourhood. There are whole stores dedicated to, apparently, thousands of varieties of cheese.

Well yes, if you hunt around you can find nice cheese.  But the fact that any foreign cheese has (IIRC) a 100% tariff puts a big damper on having nice cheese more widely available.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Does Canadia have the same requirement as the US, that all cheese sold must be made with pasteurized milk?