Tron
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 16, 2011, 06:54:42 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2011, 06:51:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:49:24 PMEspecially not in the year both ET and Poltergeist came out in the same fucking summer.  Nigga, please.

Oh, wow.  Really?  ET?  Poltergeist?  For serious?
That's what I don't get.  Only the nosebreathers would mention those two and leave the Thing out of the picture.

Loved The Thing, too.  Wilford Brimley.  "You gotta be fucking kidding."  Murdered dogs. Scared the piss out of me.
It's just not as big as ET.

CountDeMoney

And if I were in true nosebreather form, I'd have voted for Cat People:P

Neil

I liked ET, but I don't think it's aged as well as some of the others.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:57:00 PM
Loved The Thing, too.  Wilford Brimley.  "You gotta be fucking kidding."  Murdered dogs. Scared the piss out of me.
It's just not as big bad as ET.
Though I wasn't a little kid when E.T. came out, so I may have missed the "specialness." 

I thought it was a predictable snooze, though well-acted.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:59:39 PM
And if I were in true nosebreather form, I'd have voted for Cat People:P
Cat People is a fun flick.  Absurdly pretentious, but it created a genre.  Great music, too.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:49:24 PM

Especially not in the year both ET and Poltergeist came out in the same fucking summer.  Nigga, please.

While I agree that ET was something special and that Poltergeist was, well, for people that are special, there's something to be said for lasting appeal. Both ET and Poltergeist look dated and not in the how Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif kinda look Arab in 1080p in "Lawrence of Arabia" dated. Blade Runner was a decent movie and is a decent movie still, despite being an adaption of a book that has absolutely no internal consistency and most likely was written on acid or during heavy withdrawal.

The rest? Don't care.

katmai

Created genre? help me out senor blue.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Norgy on July 16, 2011, 07:07:08 PM
While I agree that ET was something special and that Poltergeist was, well, for people that are special, there's something to be said for lasting appeal. Both ET and Poltergeist look dated

You're the same kind of punk that thinks Casablanca is full of cliches.  YOU WERENT THERE BOY.

CountDeMoney

Fuck it, I'm changing my vote. Danton.  Fuck y'all.

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on July 16, 2011, 07:07:28 PM
Created genre? help me out senor blue.
The movie created the genre where the director gives the audience sex when they expect horror and horror when they expect sex. 

Though Liquid Sky kinda did that (plus humor) that same year, didn't it?  Maybe CP wasn't as visionary as I thought.  Still a fun movie, though. 

Bayraktar!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 07:09:24 PM
Quote from: Norgy on July 16, 2011, 07:07:08 PM
While I agree that ET was something special and that Poltergeist was, well, for people that are special, there's something to be said for lasting appeal. Both ET and Poltergeist look dated
You're the same kind of punk that thinks Casablanca is full of cliches.  YOU WERENT THERE BOY.
I thought that Norg and you were of an age.

mongers

Damn, I'm going to have to watch 'The Thing' now, and it's one of those films thats sufficiently good that one wants to ration how many times one watches it, lest it loose it's lustre.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 16, 2011, 07:15:37 PM
The movie created the genre where the director gives the audience sex when they expect horror and horror when they expect sex. 

Not unlike Slargos' dating life. [diceman]Oooooh![/diceman]