Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2011, 10:12:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2011, 07:14:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2011, 04:27:47 PM
They just can't enjoy Resse's Pieces.

That is why Ide can never obtain Pure Euro Ball-of-enlightenment.

In Heaven, there are no hard-shelled peanut butter, chocolate candies. :(

For good reason!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2011, 07:10:45 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 17, 2011, 03:45:56 PM
Well, to me it was pretty clear both of them were replicants, even if it was not expressly said so with regard to Decker. Both how he handled fighting replicants, his relationship with his boss and some convos with the girl made me think he is almost certainly one.

:huh: How he handled fighting replicants was by blasting a hole in them with his blaster.
He's able to take a punch from a guy who, IIRC, made a pretty big whole in the side of a truck with his bare hands.  Maybe he was holding back on Deckard, but not on the truck, but I remember being puzzled by how he could withstand this much punishment the first time I saw Blade Runner.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Pedrito

Blade Runner original version defined a lot of my early moviewatching. I loved the voiceovers, which were shamefully taken off the Directors' Cut, and loved the setting, the lighting, cinematography and acting.
DC was very good, too, almost better than the original.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

grumbler

Quote from: Pedrito on July 18, 2011, 11:13:25 AM
I loved the voiceovers, which were shamefully taken off the Directors' Cut...
You were pretty much the only one.  Harrison Ford tried to get out of going back to the studio to do them, and, of course, they weren't part of Ridley Scott's plan for the movie.  I thought that they were cheesy and way too derivative of Dragnet, the old cop show.  The movie was much better without them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

A lot of great movies that year.  Hard to choose.