Tron
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Syt

Focusing on the fantastical only - the full list of movies here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_in_film

1982 also had Rocky III, First Blood, Tootsie, Officer and Gentleman, Marathon Man, Gandhi,Firefox, Fitzcarraldo or 48 Hours.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

There are so many movies I loved as kid on that list, but the one I voted for was The Last Unicorn. Something about it just struck a cord with me back then.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I still can't watch that one without getting dewy eyes. :cry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Toss up between 'Blade Runner', 'The Thing' and 'Conan' (great fun) , went for The Thing as it was the only one of those I saw in a cinema, great scary entertainment.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

No real stand out 'one of the best films ever!!!' there.
The Thing I guess.
I've never really liked Blade Runner. It deserves a lot of respect for the world it created and being pretty much the only western cyberpunk film worthy of the name but the film itself just doesn't do it for me. But then I tend not to like films with dark lighting.
██████
██████
██████

Fate

Blade Runner, hands down. Conan at a far second.

Razgovory

Trying to decide on the best Trek film or the Thing (which I really liked).  Best part of the Thing:  When they shoot the Norwegians.  Actually the best part I thought was the somewhat creepy video of the Norwegian team finding the ship.  It felt realistic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Incidentally The Thing is on Youtube.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 16, 2011, 09:51:09 AM
There are so many movies I loved as kid on that list, but the one I voted for was The Last Unicorn. Something about it just struck a cord with me back then.

The Red Bull scared me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on July 16, 2011, 10:57:30 AM
Best part of the Thing:  When they shoot the Norwegians. 

Think how much better it would've been if they'd shot some Swedes.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

LaCroix

missed bladerunner until after choosing the thing :(

hated, hated e.t. when i was younger. the alien unnerved me to no end, and all the daycares were obsessed with it

Admiral Yi

The Wrath of Khan and his Shiny Prosthetic Pectorals was awesome swashbuckling fun at the time but looks terribly dated now.  Bladerunner and The Thing do not.  Slight edge to to The Thing, as the Bladerunner has some slow moody parts that The Thing does not.