Timerider
0 (0%)
Tron
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Ideologue

The best film from that list is Blade Runner, despite its glaring flaws.

The Thing and Trek II are favorites, as well (although Khan is emphatically not the best of the six).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

This poll is bullshit.  How can you choose between Wrath of Khan, Conan and Blade Runner?  Tron, Last Unicorn and ET are also strong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

LaCroix

as yi touched on, which sucks today when viewed through non-nostalgic glasses and which stood the test of time?

The Brain

Is it the 1982 theatrical Blade Runner we're talking about?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Christ, saw most of those in the theater.  I'm old.

But E.T. takes it.

CountDeMoney

Of course; only this collection of social misfit alt-hist computards and Assburger's Syndrome videogamers would have Blade Runner in the lead.

Eddie Teach

IMDB voters also have Blade Runner ahead of ET, Khan and The Thing(didn't bother checking the others).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2011, 05:54:50 PM
IMDB voters also have Blade Runner ahead

I rest my case.  This generation is broken.

sbr

Let's see, 1982 was a long time ago but to the best of my recollection I have NOT seen:

Blade Runner
Cat People
Last Unicorn
Quest for Fire
Swamp Thing
Sword and the Sorcerer
The Thing
Timerider

I voted Dark Crystal  :blush:

Norgy

Blade Runner.

Although, only the Director's Cut really does, erm, cut it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2011, 06:03:41 PM
Let's see, 1982 was a long time ago but to the best of my recollection I have NOT seen:

See, this is why we don't take your opinions seriously around here.  You're culturally illiterate.  You're a waliking pop-culture lobotomy.  You and Timmay should have a pooh-fling contest.

Ed Anger

Now, would I take 1982 Sean Young tied up in my basement? maybe. maybe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:09:51 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2011, 06:03:41 PM

See, this is why we don't take your opinions seriously around here.  You're culturally illiterate.  You're a waliking pop-culture lobotomy.  You and Timmay should have a pooh-fling contest.

If people are choosing the 'Dark Crystal', why isn't 'Krull' an option ?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2011, 06:10:55 PM
Now, would I take 1982 Sean Young tied up in my basement? maybe. maybe.

Maybe? The fuck you wouldn't.

grumbler

Bladerunner is the best by a bunch.  Every viewing of it shows you something you missed on a previous viewing. 

The Thing is better if we were just viewing this as traditional SF.  I don't ever feel the need to see it again, though.

Maybe one could argue that The Thing is the better "movie" and Bladerunner the better "film."  But for this poll, Bladerunner wins for me.

Compare
Quote"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've seen c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain. Time to die."

with
Thing:  ROAAARRR
MacReady: Yeah, fuck you too!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!