Tron
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Ed Anger

Quote'Krull'
:bleeding:

The videogame wasn't that bad. I remember playing that fucker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:09:51 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2011, 06:03:41 PM
Let's see, 1982 was a long time ago but to the best of my recollection I have NOT seen:

I voted Dark Crystal  :blush:

See, this is why we don't take your opinions seriously around here.  You're culturally illiterate.  You're a waliking pop-culture lobotomy.  You and Timmay should have a pooh-fling contest.

At least I'm not on your list on Animetards.  I don't have the attention span to watch movies, if I sit still for 2 hours doing nothing I fall asleep.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2011, 06:12:02 PM
If people are choosing the 'Dark Crystal', why isn't 'Krull' an option ?  :bowler:

Krull rocked.  You Brits may be cinematically challenged overall, but you made a couple of decent movies back then. Dragonslayer, 1981.

grumbler

to the best of my recollection I have NOT seen:

Blade Runner
Cat People

Quest for Fire

The Thing

You, sir, are culturally bankrupt.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2011, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:09:51 PM
Let's see, 1982 was a long time ago but to the best of my recollection I have NOT seen:

I voted Dark Crystal  :blush:

See, this is why we don't take your opinions seriously around here.  You're culturally illiterate.  You're a waliking pop-culture lobotomy.  You and Timmay should have a pooh-fling contest.

If people are choosing the 'Dark Crystal', why isn't 'Krull' an option ?  :bowler:

My whole family went to see that in the theater and my dad made us all walk out.  I didn't think it was that bad.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2011, 06:14:04 PM
At least I'm not on your list on Animetards.

Should you be?  Is there evidence out there I don't know about? THE CHAIRMAN IS ASKING YOU A QUESTION SIR

grumbler

At least I'm not on your list on Animetards.  I don't have the attention span to watch movies, if I sit still for 2 hours doing nothing I fall asleep.
You won't sleep through The Thing or Cat People:lol:

Bladerunner and Quest for Fire, maybe so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:16:26 PM
At least I'm not on your list on Animetards.

Should you be?  Is there evidence out there I don't know about? THE CHAIRMAN IS ASKING YOU A QUESTION SIR

No sir.  I can't stand anime. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:14:14 PM
Dragonslayer, 1981.

There is a good movie. First movie my parents let me go to by myself. Even remember the theater I saw it in.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

I'm wondering if Seedy's a bit of a bumpkin who doesn't get Blade Runner's greatness. Maybe that's why he's never sharing his writing her.

[THE POLICE COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE. It is badly lit. The desk is oaken but with the marks of having been kicked at before. An almost cartoonish police commisioner sits at the desk. Enter an energetic young Irish-German-All-American detective in a short-sleeved shirt with a green tie ]
Police commisioner: Detective O'Money, how many times have you been here now? Just askin'. I am telling you now, I don't want to see you here again. Another complaint came in from Madame Tim's about you hasslin' people trying to watch cartoons.
Det. O'Money: Dammit, sir! Can't you see it? [stares deeply into camera]
Police commisioner: See what, detective? That you are out of order?
Det. O'Money: I'm out of order? You're out of order! Madame Tim's out of order! Cartoons are out of order! The world is out of order!
Police commisioner: [sinister smile] Detective! You are suspended without pay!
Det. O'Money: [throws his badge] I thought you meant business when you said you were going after the tards.
Police commisioner: I did. The Tards, the Irish mafia are still very much a threat.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Norgy on July 16, 2011, 06:43:56 PMI'm wondering if Seedy's a bit of a bumpkin who doesn't get Blade Runner's greatness. Maybe that's why he's never sharing his writing her.

Douche, I love Blade Runner.  But, just like all the Stanley Kubrick ass-to-mouth worship around here, I'm not going to slather it up as TEH GREATEST FILM OF ALL TIME IN 1982 AND SPACE.

Especially not in the year both ET and Poltergeist came out in the same fucking summer.  Nigga, please.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 05:51:29 PM
Of course; only this collection of social misfit alt-hist computards and Assburger's Syndrome videogamers would have Blade Runner in the lead.

I did say it was flawed.  But it was shot like a motherfucker.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:49:24 PMEspecially not in the year both ET and Poltergeist came out in the same fucking summer.  Nigga, please.

Oh, wow.  Really?  ET?  Poltergeist?  For serious?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2011, 06:51:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 06:49:24 PMEspecially not in the year both ET and Poltergeist came out in the same fucking summer.  Nigga, please.

Oh, wow.  Really?  ET?  Poltergeist?  For serious?
That's what I don't get.  Only the nosebreathers would mention those two and leave the Thing out of the picture.

Bayraktar!