News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's my wedding day

Started by Valmy, April 18, 2009, 08:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2009, 09:14:48 AM
What kinds of stuff do you want to do in Boston?

While I can kinda see someone taking a honeymoon to Martha's Vineyard or Cape Cod generally, I kinda don't get a honeymoon to Boston proper. :huh:

Remember that guy whose wedding I went to in 2006 up there?  We are visiting him.  The Honeymoon proper is in NYC proper.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 09:16:18 AMRemember that guy whose wedding I went to in 2006 up there?  We are visiting him.  The Honeymoon proper is in NYC proper.

Ok, props. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Camper

lustindarkness

:lmfao: PDH, I will have to nominate you for the no longer existant POTM. That was great.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grallon

Quote from: PDH on April 20, 2009, 08:53:37 AM
QuoteMan Honeymoons 'On Languish'
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:33 PM
Filed Under: On Assignment
Reporter's Notebook

By M Klinger, NBC News Correspondent

In this modern age of the "internet" and "cell-phones" and "flavored coffee" one man is boldly expanding his horizons by not leaving his desk.

Pierre J Valmy, resident of that notorious hippie-haven Austin, recently decided that instead of spending quality time with his new bride, he would rather gather in a cancerous web-board filled with misanthropic low-lifes who routinely attack each other for no other reason than to destroy another's ego.

While he says it is because of his fondness for his post-count, residents of that board beg to differ.  "Really, this is like the Russian attempt to launch the first cosmonauts into space without including a gay man," said one poster in a heavily slavic accent.  "I agree, plus Meri is too fat" added his side-kick.

The opinions here range from complete disinterest to rabid hatred.  "While normally I could not care less, it is clear that his straw-man has backfired thus invalidating his entire existence" was heard several times, leading this reporter to conclude that this was some sort of code phrase for "congratulations."  Others added such things as "I told him he was just a cunt-slave and therefore a lesser human - really he should have just married a subhuman arab and then killed himself in a fit of ennui."

There were positive voices, usually from the crowd who copy-paste news articles or reply only in smilies.  "Gee, wow, I wonder if someday I could have a girl talk to me" was among the deeper comments from the crowd, although other positives included "give it to her in the butt, it is how you establish your authority" or "Use her now, then dump her - anything else and you have lost your freedom."

While overall a bold choice, the reporter salutes Valmy for his dedication to his true love, padding his post count in a vain attempt to catch Garbon.

Bravo!  :lol:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Congratulations, Valmy!  If the two of you constantly work to communicate, you will be just fine.  Best of luck. :hug:
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

I like that Languish gets noted in media. :)

Also, Valmy you do realize that Boston, New York isn't the Cheers Boston?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on April 20, 2009, 01:17:47 PM
I like that Languish gets noted in media. :)

Also, Valmy you do realize that Boston, New York isn't the Cheers Boston?

I didn't realize that Boston was in New York.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston,_New_York

Sad when you name yourself after the Massachusetts city that was named after an English one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2009, 09:14:48 AM
What kinds of stuff do you want to do in Boston?

While I can kinda see someone taking a honeymoon to Martha's Vineyard or Cape Cod generally, I kinda don't get a honeymoon to Boston proper. :huh:
Red Sox game :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on April 20, 2009, 08:53:37 AM
Man Honeymoons 'On Languish'

Brilliant!  :lmfao:

If we still had the POTM, you'd be a shoe in for this month.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

I am a bit late but still: congrats Valmy! :)

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2009, 06:47:48 PM
Red Sox game :contract:

They are playing the Yankees that weekend.  That ticket is a bit too pricey for me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."