News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Excel Question

Started by Admiral Yi, April 29, 2009, 01:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The arrow keys make the whole screen scroll (and the highlighted cell stays fixed).  How do I change this back?

garbon

Sounds like you have scroll lock on. Hit the scroll lock button on your keyboard.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Freeze/unfreeze panes maybe? (Under the "Window" selection at top) Freeze panes lets you keep a line in view, such as a heading line, while you can scroll through the rest of the spread sheet but still see the headings.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2009, 02:22:01 AM
Sounds like you have scroll lock on. Hit the scroll lock button on your keyboard.

:yes:

Admiral Yi

I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.

merithyn

Quote from: KRonn on April 29, 2009, 07:51:59 AM
Freeze/unfreeze panes maybe? (Under the "Window" selection at top) Freeze panes lets you keep a line in view, such as a heading line, while you can scroll through the rest of the spread sheet but still see the headings.

I've always wondered how to do that. Thank you! That will help a ton on the reports I have due at the end of this year.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

KRonn

Quote from: merithyn on April 29, 2009, 11:40:57 PM
Quote from: KRonn on April 29, 2009, 07:51:59 AM

I've always wondered how to do that. Thank you! That will help a ton on the reports I have due at the end of this year.
To set it, you select the line after the one you want to remain in place. For instance,
to freeze the first heading line, highlight the second row and then select Freeze panes.