And we're back!

Main Menu

It's my wedding day

Started by Valmy, April 18, 2009, 08:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Lucidor on April 18, 2009, 04:17:16 PM
Wonderful! Here's to the happily marrieds'! :cheers:
I thought that was a myth, like easter bunny, santa claus and lipstick lesbians?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 05:33:00 PM
I thought that was a myth, like easter bunny, santa claus and lipstick lesbians?

It's a relative term...

KRonn

Grats on your wedding Valmy!  :cheers:

Grallon

Amazing how so many guys go willingly to their emasculation ! 

Well for what it's worth, I do hope you two will last longer than the statistical 2 years.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Yay for Valmy.  Now she can't get away!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

vinraith

Quote from: Grallon on April 18, 2009, 08:32:47 PM

Well for what it's worth, I do hope you two will last longer than the statistical 2 years.

G.

As a matter of academic curiosity, is all monogamy emasculating in your view, or only monogamy with a female?

katmai

Quote from: vinraith on April 18, 2009, 10:19:01 PM

G.

As a matter of academic curiosity, is all monogamy emasculating in your view, or only monogamy with a female?

Silly Vin, asking a question he knows the answer to :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Sheilbh

G.

I think it's either all monogamy, or that straight monogamy is emasculating and gay monogamy is deluded.

:w00t: Valmy!
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

G.

Only with a female. There is nothing more masculine than sucking another guy's cock.  :contract:

Ed Anger

Well Val, the gay took over your thread. I'll drag it around the barn and shoot it in the head to prevent it spreading like cooties.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

Academic ?  Are you a psychologist then ?  ;)  Well I'll take a chance this question is in earnest and answer accordingly. 

Emasculation as you know implies a deprivation of virility.  Monogamy in itself isn't emasculating; it's rather that a great many heterosexual males seem to abandon, willingly apparently, the conduct of a long term relationship to their partner.  As if they were reverting to the behavioral pattern that was existant in their relationship with their mothers.  More often than not they'll rationalize this by pretending it's to keep the 'nagging' at its lowest, or call it 'being conciliatory' as an adult should; but I think its simply because most want to revert to the idealized comfort and security of childhood - complete with frequent diving into the womb.

And so women hold males in thrall, through the twin whips of emotional comfort and sexual gratification.  Thus heterosexual men are often 'cuntslaves'; ergo emasculated.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on April 19, 2009, 09:29:14 AM

Academic ?  Are you a psychologist then ?  ;)  Well I'll take a chance this question is in earnest and answer accordingly. 

Emasculation as you know implies a deprivation of virility.  Monogamy in itself isn't emasculating; it's rather that a great many heterosexual males seem to abandon, willingly apparently, the conduct of a long term relationship to their partner.  As if they were reverting to the behavioral pattern that was existant in their relationship with their mothers.  More often than not they'll rationalize this by pretending it's to keep the 'nagging' at its lowest, or call it 'being conciliatory' as an adult should; but I think its simply because most want to revert to the idealized comfort and security of childhood - complete with frequent diving into the womb.

And so women hold males in thrall, through the twin whips of emotional comfort and sexual gratification.  Thus heterosexual men are often 'cuntslaves'; ergo emasculated.
But if emasculation implies a lack of virility, and homosexual men are by definition not virile, then wouldn't you say that all homosexual men are emasculated as well?  I think that if you're defining emasculation in such a way that only a small minority of single, heterosexual men avoid falling into the category, you've set the goals so widely as to be meaningless.

Still, I note it's exclusively the gay posters who are lining up to take shots at marriage.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.