Main Menu

Help me choose a new car

Started by viper37, June 09, 2011, 10:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2011, 05:12:31 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 10:26:42 AM
<pic of Cobra orgasm>

I'll have to get a pic of my boss's GT500 Cobra show car he's tweaked. 890 hp. Doesn't even drive it.  Just tows it around from show to show, winning trophies.

:D

While searching for the pricetag in Norway, I came a cross something similarly done, and the seller was keen to note that "this car can't be registered in Norway due to extensive modifications".

Dunno what the fuck good a $400 000 vehicle will do when you can't even legally roll it down your own drive-way.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 05:32:01 AM
Dunno what the fuck good a $400 000 vehicle will do when you can't even legally roll it down your own drive-way.

Sometimes, you simply can't put a price tag on CAM2-fueled testosterone.

But his weekend driver is a tweaked '68 Camaro SS.  Rode in it a few weeks ago, actually felt the G forces.

edit--oh, and another reason he doesn't drive his Cobra: the appraisal value actually drops over $1,000 USD for every 100 miles on the odometer.

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2011, 05:40:07 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 05:32:01 AM

Sometimes, you simply can't put a price tag on CAM2-fueled testosterone.

But his weekend driver is a tweaked '68 Camaro SS.  Rode in it a few weeks ago, actually felt the G forces.

edit--oh, and another reason he doesn't drive his Cobra: the appraisal value actually drops over $1,000 USD for every 100 miles on the odometer.

I see.

But really, if you have the money to get it and trick it out, dropping value is a poor excuse for not using it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 05:53:46 AM
But really, if you have the money to get it and trick it out, dropping value is a poor excuse for not using it.

Oh, I totally agree, a car unused is a useless car; but those guys in the "zomg-all-the-serial-numbers-on-all-1,200-moving-parts-MUST-match" auto circles are worse than wargame collectors when it comes to mint-condition.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 05:53:46 AMBut really, if you have the money to get it and trick it out, dropping value is a poor excuse for not using it.

And in his Cobra's case, the gear ratio is timed so tight, only his mechanic drives it.  My boss would probably blow the transmission getting out of 2nd gear.

Slargos

Well that would explain it I suppose.

CountDeMoney

Still a waste, though.  Like being married to one of the most beautiful women on earth, but only for immigration and healthcare purposes.  No touchy.

Neil

I don't know how things work in Quebec, but the only people I see in Mustangs out here are chicks and immigrants.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

:yes:

The Mustang is a chick car. Along with old purple camaros.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: Pedrito on June 10, 2011, 03:28:44 AM

new Alfa Romeo Giulietta. 235 hp, very zippy engine, italian style.

Otherwise, I heartily support the Subaru.

L.
nice car, but it's not available in Canada, nor the US, I believe.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: viper37 on June 10, 2011, 09:39:10 AM
nice car, but it's not available in Canada, nor the US, I believe.

Alfa is supposed to be coming back to the US soon (or already has, I don't know), so they might also be headed to Canada as well.  Don't know about models or anything though.

Edit:  According to this article I'm looking at, it's 2012 that they'll be showing up here, and that particular car is expected to be one that they sell.   Then again, here's another one that says it won't, just that the chassis and engines will be used in some Chrysler models.  Okay then.

Zanza

Quote from: Pedrito on June 10, 2011, 03:28:44 AM

new Alfa Romeo Giulietta. 235 hp, very zippy engine, italian style.

Otherwise, I heartily support the Subaru.

L.
The car sharing program that I participate in has Alfa Romeo Mitos, the little brother of this. Very nice car and feels like a more expensive car inside.

Zanza

A used Mercedes E-class Coupé. As the MSRP is 60k, you should get a used one for less than 40k.

viper37

I think I found one.  I couldn't find a used 370z (I actually missed one that was destroyed, on sale for 15k$), sorry BB.

I found a Mercedes C230, 2008 for 24500-26500$ (I found 2, actually, one in Montreal, one in Quebec city).  Think I'm gonna try it this week-end, if they're open.  Will see how I like this :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.