Main Menu

Red wine with icecubes?

Started by Martinus, June 06, 2011, 01:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Dont need no ice cubes for these Marty,

and chase it with

http://www.bumwine.com/
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2011, 02:02:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2011, 07:34:58 PM
Ice cubes are a way for restaurants to cheaply fill your glass.

Uhm, restaurants usually open a can or a bottle of a soft drink when they serve it to you, so I can't see how this would work.  :huh:

The only place I have ever seen a restaurant serve a soft drink out of a can or bottle is Mexico.  Poland cannot into soda fountains? :(

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: sbr on June 07, 2011, 06:51:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2011, 02:02:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2011, 07:34:58 PM
Ice cubes are a way for restaurants to cheaply fill your glass.

Uhm, restaurants usually open a can or a bottle of a soft drink when they serve it to you, so I can't see how this would work.  :huh:

The only place I have ever seen a restaurant serve a soft drink out of a can or bottle is Mexico.  Poland cannot into soda fountains? :(

You are from the US, right?

In Europe, in restaurants (other than fast food joints), a concept of the "free refill" is almost unheard of. In fact, most restaurants usually make the best buck on soft drinks, as they charge you high prices for tiny (0.2 litre) bottles of coke or soda.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 07, 2011, 06:57:59 AM
Needs implants removed.

That girl's gonna have major lower back issues in her future.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2011, 06:56:07 AM

In Europe, in restaurants (other than fast food joints), a concept of the "free refill" is almost unheard of. In fact, most restaurants usually make the best buck on soft drinks, as they charge you high prices for tiny (0.2 litre) bottles of coke or soda.

Most places here just give a glass with soda in it.  I assume they have a fountain in the kitchen.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: dps on June 06, 2011, 08:07:31 PM
If you've got a low-quality wine and you want to dilute the taste, mix it with vodka.  Even if it doesn't actually make it taste any better, at least it will decrease the time it takes for you to be too drunk to notice.
Ahh Duma...how I do not miss drinking thee at all. Gets you drunk as hell but makes you think you've been hit with a sledgehammer the next morning.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2011, 02:05:13 AM
Btw, Romans drank their red wine mixed with water.

Liquid water, not ice.

QuoteIncidentally, a spritzer made of white wine, ice cubes, sparkling water and a slice of green lemon is pretty nice for summer heat.

Get a fan.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 07, 2011, 07:37:57 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2011, 06:56:07 AM

Most places here just give a glass with soda in it.  I assume they have a fountain in the kitchen.

They usually pour in front of you, at least in Poland. I guess exactly so that someone does not accuse them of having a fountain in the kitchen (considering they charge about $3 for a thin, tall glass of soda).

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 07, 2011, 10:20:22 AM

Liquid water, not ice.

QuoteIncidentally, a spritzer made of white wine, ice cubes, sparkling water and a slice of green lemon is pretty nice for summer heat.

Get a fan.

:lol:

Didn't know it's possible, but I guess I found an angle to troll you.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 07, 2011, 10:20:22 AM

Liquid water, not ice.
that's why Jesus could change water into wine, he simply mixed both and nobody noticed.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2011, 11:56:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2011, 11:47:27 PM
If you've got low quality wine, simply don't drink it.

Viper's friendly's advice of the week.

My inner cheap Ukrainian rebels at your suggestion.  But I've paid for it - I must find a way to drink it!
One of my cousin once brought me a cheap bottle of wine.  8$ he paid for it.  Wich means that anywhere in Alberta or the US, it would cost below 5$.
50% of the guests, including me were sick by the end of the evening. 

Don't touch this.

Freeze it in ice bags for later use in cooking.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2011, 10:26:25 AM
:lol:

Didn't know it's possible, but I guess I found an angle to troll you.

Politics, religion, morality, ethnicity, philosophy, sports -- I don't get myself too worked up about such trivialities.

But this is a serious matter.  :mad:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PDH

This thread needs more titty pics with girls drinking.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM