News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Red wine with icecubes?

Started by Martinus, June 06, 2011, 01:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Ed Anger

The self service jug on the wiki page is hilarious. gross.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Why do you keep flipping accounts jongers?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2011, 01:51:12 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2011, 01:49:16 PM
I've never really got ice cubes in anything. I certainly wouldn't put them in wine.
Most of the time they're used for poor people drinks like soda or shitty beer.  The colder the drink is, the harder it is to taste any shitty aftertastes, which poor people drinks often feature.

Ice cubes in water on a hot day?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Ice cubes are a way for restaurants to cheaply fill your glass.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2011, 07:34:58 PM
Ice cubes are a way for restaurants to cheaply fill your glass.
:yes:
If I get a drink at McDonalds or the like I make a point of saying no ice.
██████
██████
██████

Capetan Mihali

With shitty red wine, like a 1.5 liter that I've been keeping in the fridge to keep it fresh, I will mix it with ice cubes and seltzer sometimes.  White wine and seltzer is pretty nice too.  I have no shame in joining my Iberian brothers in the enjoyment of Calimocho or Tinto de Verano either.  :swiss:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

dps

If you've got a low-quality wine and you want to dilute the taste, mix it with vodka.  Even if it doesn't actually make it taste any better, at least it will decrease the time it takes for you to be too drunk to notice.

Admiral Yi

If you've got low quality red wine, slug it down and start singing Legion songs.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2011, 03:20:46 PM
It's called pop.  Only communists call it soda.

Is your team known as "DA Jetse"?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Weijun

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2011, 01:49:16 PM
I've never really got ice cubes in anything. I certainly wouldn't put them in wine.
scotch on the rocks or bourbon on the rocks is quite nice.  Makes it even more sippable. 
Never, ever, with wine, though.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

I think Icecube is more of a malt liquor guy.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 06, 2011, 10:05:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2011, 03:20:46 PM
It's called pop.  Only communists call it soda.

Is your team known as "DA Jetse"?

I don't know... :unsure:

They haven't announced the name yet.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.