News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pirate bay fruits get year in jail

Started by Ed Anger, April 17, 2009, 07:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2009, 01:06:35 AM
What's the average price for a CD in the U.S.? Over here it's usually between 14-16 EUR at release. Which is about the same what a newly released DVD movie costs (talking mainstream, not arthouse or niche which are usually more expensive). At that pricing the DVD always wins in my case in value for money.

Well I typically pay like $14-15 for the cds I buy. That might be near what DVDs cost, I don't know as I usually don't buy them - although I think I've paid between 16 and 20.  Either way, I'd think a cd would win in terms of value for me, because although I might watch a dvd movie a few times, I'm going to be wearing that cd out!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Quote from: Josephus on April 19, 2009, 08:01:57 AM
That's the interesting part. Over here (Canada, the USA) we say CDs are too expensive. Yet they are at least HALF of what they cost in Europe.
In fact it's probably cheaper for you euros to head over to amazon.com or amazon.ca and buy your CDs from there.

I don't know about music but when it comes to games, prices are at least 3 times more expensive in Spain, taking median salaries and the $1 = 1€ conversion into account. In other words, it costs around $150 to buy a new game. And then they wonder why piracy is rampant. :lol:

FunkMonk

I buy single songs or albums off Amazon's mp3 download service. :smarty:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: Iormlund on April 19, 2009, 05:50:13 PM
I don't know about music but when it comes to games, prices are at least 3 times more expensive in Spain, taking median salaries and the $1 = 1€ conversion into account. In other words, it costs around $150 to buy a new game. And then they wonder why piracy is rampant. :lol:
Why would you take salaries into account?  Just because Europeans are less productive and thus rewarded less richly doesn't mean that they should enjoy subsidized goods.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 06:02:26 PM
Why would you take salaries into account?  Just because Europeans are less productive and thus rewarded less richly doesn't mean that they should enjoy subsidized goods.

:thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Correct. So they enjoy thsoe goods for free instead. Great thinking.

Admiral Yi

Neil

Quote from: Iormlund on April 19, 2009, 06:35:22 PM

Correct. So they enjoy thsoe goods for free instead. Great thinking.
So shouldn't the solution be to lobby the United States to declare war on Spain?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Iormlund

Hehe. They would have to find it on a map first. And recall one of their BBs to be sunk in port, which is all BBs were ever good for anyway

Neil

Quote from: Iormlund on April 19, 2009, 06:44:41 PM
Hehe. They would have to find it on a map first. And recall one of their BBs to be sunk in port, which is all BBs were ever good for anyway
Everything you say is a lie.  Your third world country could never sink a BB, unless it was your own.  Even then, it would be sunk through incompetance and disrepair.

garbon

Does the US really need to spank Spain again? :yeahright:

katmai

I know some Spanish girls who i wouldn't mind spanking.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Iormlund

You'll never find Osama bin Zapatero. We've got plenty of mountain caves. :contract:

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on April 19, 2009, 07:11:25 PM
You'll never find Osama bin Zapatero. We've got plenty of mountain caves. :contract:

We just need to take your your telecommunications. We wouldn't care if you lived, once you were no longer stealing.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2009, 07:17:36 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on April 19, 2009, 07:11:25 PM

We just need to take your your telecommunications. We wouldn't care if you lived, once you were no longer stealing.
Still, ideally they would die.